Broken collar bone yoga

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Tor, May 7, 2013.

1. Tor

Tor Guest

Hey everybody so I broke my collarbone last friday and I'm ready to start up my yoga again. I currently have a sling on my left arm and am advised to keep it on as much as possible. I am wondering what are some poses that can be done with a broken left clavicle. Thanks everyone

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have no idea about yoga.

I just wanted to tell you a trick my son's teacher did for him when he was 7 and broke his. She gave him a clip board to hold papers so he could write with one hand and not have to worry about his papers moving around.

Good luck. That always looked so uncomfortable.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

In the back of many books of Iyengar they have sets for various maladies. Look those up. I like te Iyengar book by the Mehtas.

4. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do the asanas the best you can without straining yourself. You can still be very much apart of the yoga class. When there is a pose you can't do yet or need to rest, close your eyes and stay with it. Yoga will definitely speed the healing too.

5. Tor

Tor Guest

Thank you everyone!!!!!!

Peace & love