Broke my first guitar string...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by soulrebel51, Jan 17, 2005.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

and god does it suck.. I have no extras and won't get any til like 5.... bah.. :(

2. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

awww cupcake...hehe *hugz*

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

you think breaking a guitar string is bad? how bout breaking the little wire inside your electric that connected to the...other thing...umm, i have no idea what its called right now...but my point is, a wire in my guitar broke again and it sucks a million times more then the thousands of strings i have broken. :(

damn i feel cranky today...sorry if i sound that way :/

im sorry you broke a guitar string...i broke one on my acoustic strings yesterday.

4. soulrebel51

haha a couple weeks ago I smashed my acoustic, it was an accident...

5. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

accident my ass :D

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know you have a les paul copy, which is a little more of a pain to work on, but there isn't much to them... Something like that doesn't really take but 5 minutes to fix. Yours may be different (some copies have a single master volume or tone), but the basic schematics are two tones pots and two volume pots (generally 250K and 500K)... that and the selector switch... goes to the tone... all you really need is a soldering kit from radio shack, the rest is logic, if there's a wire loose and a connection on a potentiometer or anything that's bare, solder it... [​IMG] The thing I absolutely can't stand on a les paul is the input jack... I can't stand the little nut and washer that always comes loose. Strats are easier to work on as you don't have a wiring harness that is difficult to work on and all of that damn routing like a les paul... only the ground wire going to the tremolo cavity and the input jack... but my ground, on strats, usually comes loose because I block my tremolos. Jimi Hendrix let his float, but it's a pain in the ass when I have it reading flat or sharp when I'm tuning and it doesn't sound right when playing along to music or with people... My personal experience is that Fenders are generally easy to work on and easy to swap parts and build... plus humidity doesn't do anything to them (why do you think a lot of southern bands use them).

If you can't get a schematic for it or a soldering iron or don't feel adventurous... go see a tech, but generally, a lot of them that I know are big ripoffs. Most of the time I just do work for free for people I know... last night I finished building a bass. I took some spare fender parts and built a Strat bass.... Kind of based on a '50s precision bass. I guess I could call it a tenor bass... I need to finish a telecaster project.

I just got home from the guitar shop... Last week I went through two sets of Pyramid .010s... I just can't handle them. I constantly break anything smaller than a .012... so I got some D'Addario .013's and I'm going to string up now. I also got the Fender Frontline 2005 catalog [​IMG] and it has a review of the Fender Twin-Amp with Eric Clapton and his master guitar tech. Some other things in there and OOOH... I forgot they released the Eric Johnson Custom Shop Fender Signature Strat... [​IMG] I love Eric Johnson... Desert Rose. OOOH... and I got some Dean Markley 80/20s for the Martin and I'm trying out a Pyramid 12 string set. Pyramids are expensive as hell but the EGBD sets on the top four wound strings are sooooooooo smooth... gotta love handmade German engineering [​IMG]

7. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

george

you have been writing a crapload lately :D

8. Orsino2

and... :eek:

9. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

george. shut up

10. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

just a comment

11. Orsino2

12. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

13. Orsino2

14. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

15. Orsino2

16. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

thank you :D

17. Orsino2

You're quite welcome. bye. :)

18. soulrebel51

haha woo new strings new strings :sunglasse

Becky, it was an accident... I was dancing to blind melon, and i lost my footing, and i fell straight on Judy, who was lying up against the wall... lmao... i killed her :(

19. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oh god.. whos judy :(

(very funny story by the way :D i wanna see :D)

20. Orsino2

Judy was chuck's old acoustic.