Britains Independence Day 31st January 2020. Bring Brexit On!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boozercruiser, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I get knocked down, but I get up again
    You are never gonna keep me down
    I get knocked down, but I get up again
    You are never gonna keep me down

Winston Churchill, 1941

2. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

We don't have to we have to, as there many wingers like you to keep spouting on and on, you lost and that's it.

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

But what did you win?

As you repeatedly show you can’t give any rational reason as to why Brexit would be good for the UK or its people

Are you not asking yourself why you can’t?

4. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Any or should I say all voting is split, but you cant see that.

And a lot of the remainers want to change sides, reason there fed up with you remainers and the way you cant accept you lost.

Do you go on and on like this over all elections?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL hey VG, we are still waiting for your promised rationally based defence of Brexit -

So again - Can you give a rational reason why you think Brexit will be good for the UK and its people?

Not wishful thinking

Not bluster

Not bullshit

A rational and reasonable argument

I mean we have been doing discussing this issue for over three years here and NO leaver has yet come up with one but…..

And please don’t claim like before that you have but refuse to say where or what it was I’m wise to that one

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

Sorry mate but what the fuck are you talking about?

To repeat

Many on the leave side didn’t know what kind of leave they were voting for while ALL those that voted to remain knew they were voting to remain.

People voted for differing version of Brexit that were often incompatible with others, so one type of deal that would be acceptable to one or two groups would be vehemently opposed by other groups of leavers. And a leave without a deal (that wasn’t even canvassed for in the referendum) that some want is strongly opposed by many other types of leavers. Also remember that some people voted because they were bamboozled by the lies been told by the leaver leadership.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

He votes for the Green Party, which makes it even more perplexing. Didn't event vote for the main opposition party( Labour) that had any chance of stopping the Tories and reversing the referendum

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Look we still haven’t got Brexit

And we still don’t know what Brexit will mean

We don’t know which of the many differing types of Brexit that have been put forward we will end up with

So how could all the leave voters vote for something that is still not known?

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Oh you ignorance is towering and your capacity to not learn seemingly infinite LOL

I did try to educate you about the UK’s general electoral system – did you learn nothing?

Hell I would have hated to be your teacher at school it must have been like hitting your head against a brick wall or are you still of school age, that in reality you I just some trailer park, snot nosed, teenage truant getting off at winding up the 'libtards'?

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

OK for people that can learn

In the UK General Election there is no proportional representation it is all based on local first passed the post races so lots of little races, it has nothing to do with the overall popular vote and that means there are safe seats and marginals.

Safe seats are where one party or another always wins

Then there are marginal seats were only a few votes can swing it one way or another you could literally have just one vote saying who is the winner.

So that means there are places where it pays to vote tactically (and I would have voted for whoever could beat the Conservative candidate) and others were you can safely vote to send a message (where I would vote Green).

In my seat which is a safe labour seat Labour got 39,972 votes, the next candidate got only 6,784 and the Greens did well with 4,989.

It is a very undemocratic system that favours the right wing in the UK and means that Party’s controlling government can have power way in excess to their mandate

For example even though Margret Thatcher’s as leader of the Conservatives won three elections the Tory’s never polled more than 43% of the popular vote. I’ve been told that that the last time a UK government was elected with more than 50% of the popular vote was back in 1931.

And then if you take into account the many who don’t vote because the system is rigged and it make it even worth I’ve heard that in the last election the Tory Party that got into power only got there by getting some 25% of the registered voters.

11. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

You voted in or out and that's it, only people like you only mix things up or try to by confusing people.

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

What do you mean by out?

Can you explain what a Norway Brexit is that was one that was suggested, I meet leavers that wanted that form and thought that was what they were voting for.

Can you explain what a Canada Brexit as it was also put up as an option? I meet leavers that wanted that form and thought that was what they were voting for.

What about falling back on WTO rules, moist leavers I meet didn’t want that and thought that wasn’t on the table?

Do we remain in the customs union or out, I meet leavers at the time who wanted to remain in and others that waned to be out.

Out seemed to mean many thing differing things to many different leavers

13. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Twit

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

Twit – a silly or foolish person

But wouldn’t it be foolish and silly to vote for something called Brexit without actually knowing or understanding what it meant and cannot defend in any rational way?