Britains Independence Day 31st January 2020. Bring Brexit On!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boozercruiser, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nigel Farage reveals big 'Brexit Day Party' in Parliament Square

5 January 2020, 13:02 | Updated: 6 January 2020, 07:19

Nigel Farage announced he is planning a big Brexit night party on the day the UK leaves the European Union

Speaking on his LBC show, he revealed that he would throw a big party on Parliament Square on 31st January.

He said: "It's not going to be very political. There will be people from across the spectrum.

"There will be business people, entertainers, there will be music, there will be singing. All we need is Sadiq Khan's office to give us permission do it.

"But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do that."

----------

And neither do I.
    The UK has spent years now trying to break free of the stifling bureaucratic and expensive and absolutely useless EU.
    Perhaps America felt that way all those years ago when they had their very own Independence day, and free from the shackles of the UK.

So bring this party on, and good on you Nigel Farage for celebrating it!

Little bit of history below:

-----------

In 1775, the Thirteen Colonies declared a war of independence against the Empire and stopped paying taxes to the British.

Britain sent troops to defend its rule but France, Spain and the Netherlands sided with those in the colonies.

On July 4th 1776 the colonies, who were still at war with the British, announced the US Declaration of Independence which announced that they regarded themselves as 13 independent states that are not ruled by the British.

The majority of the declaration was written by Thomas Jefferson. Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Roger Sherman and Robert L Livingston also comprised the committee that drafted the declaration.

[​IMG]
    The day is celebrated as a public holiday.
    In 1782 the British Parliament finally agreed to end all offensive operations in North America and the following year all parties signed the Treaty of Paris in which Great Britain agreed to recognize the sovereignty of the United States and formally end the war.

The last British troops departed New York City on November 25, 1783, marking the end of British rule in the new United States.

So now bring our very own Independence DAY ON!
    I can't wait, and I for one will be celebrating way or another along with Nigel Farage and all who voted Tory and for BREXIT in the British General Election held on December 12th 2019.

DrRainbow and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

LOL Sorry but I would still point out that NO leaver seems to have come up with a rational reason for leaving the EU

The Americans wanted representation, we already have representation in the EU as a member.

And as pointed out to you several times EU bureaucracy is rather small and not that expensive.

There are 46,356 people employed across all EU institutions – At first glance, these figures might seem quite high, particularly if we look at the commission. But for an administrative staff covering institutions serving over 500m people it’s a shoestring operation, especially when we compare it to civil services operating at the national, or even local levels. Compare this, for example, to the 33,477 people employed by Birmingham City Council, covering a population of 1.1m in 2015-16.

https://theconversation.com/how-many-people-work-for-the-eu-59702

On 31 March 2017, there were 332,800 Civil Service employees in England, 43,220 in Scotland, 32,440 in Wales and 3,760 in Northern Ireland.

UK population c60 million

412,220 civil servants

EU population c500 million

46,356 civil servants

As for paying for EU membership well to repeat

I believe it cost somewhere close to 9 billion

But let’s put that in context - we spend:

145 billion on health

45 billion on defence

29 billion on transport

And 13 billion on overseas aid

We also contribute less (per head of population) than some other EU countries such as Germany.

For the 9 billion we get all the advantages of free trade with the EU members and with the EU trade deals with none EU countries along with a say in the regulations and policies set by the EU (unlike say Norway).

Some have put a figure of roughly £31bn-£92bn per year as the best estimate we have in terms of the additional value created to the UK economy through trade as a result of EU membership.

Asmodean likes this.
  3. Boozercruiser

Trust you to come to this brand new thread and do your usual disrupt and spoil strategy with likely all of the drone on drone on and drone on garbage you spoilt the BREXIT thread with.
    I am trying to ask here whether or not it is a good idea to have a big Independence Day party in London and other cities on 31st January 2020.
    Good idea?
    Bad idea"
    Yes?
    No?

Sensible opinions please.

Cheers.

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

LOL I’m not going to apologising for interrupting your fantasy with reality

To repeat so far NO leaver seems to have come up with a rational reason for leaving the EU, so why celebrate something they can’t even defend from criticism

I mean what independence are you even talking about?

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

But didnt Nigel say if he was voted in, he would stop Brexit? Man lost the working class their position in this country... and he just proved why! What a tosser!

6. Boozercruiser

Independence to make and draw our own laws and regulations without interference from the EU
    Independence to do trade deals with any country in the world WE want.
    Independence to set our own fishing rights to OUR waters.
    Independence to be FREE of the shackles and chains the EU have forced on the UK all of these years.
    Independence to be totally FREE of a Bully.

I could go on but the last thing I am going to do is get sucked into a long and protracted argument with you who I liken to a brick wall over Brexit.

BREXIT has been WON.
    Please just get over it.
    You lost.
    Now the government is GETTING BREXIT DONE.

Now please Bulby.
    Keep to topic:

I am trying to ask here whether or not it is a good idea to have a big Independence Day party in London and other cities on 31st January 2020.
    Good idea?
    Bad idea"
    Yes?
    No?

Sensible opinions please.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

Already covered – please name one law or regulation we didn’t want to bring in that was forced on us by the EU?

Already covered – can you explain how the deals we get are going to be better than what we have when the UK is going to be in the weaker position? I mean we can already trade to the rest of the world what are we going to suddenly manufacture and sell when outside the EU that we could not do while in the EU? How does going from a free trade agreement with our biggest trading partner (EU27) by putting up barriers to trade with them, help us?

Already covered – regulations and quotas would still have to be settled on and fishing rights could be sold to others just as they are now, plus we would need to come to agreements with others in Europe because we sell most of our fish to other European countries. Leaving the EU is unlikely to improve things and is actually likely to make things much worse. Also fishing only makes up 0.12% of the UK economy.

LOL what the fuck are you on about – this is dumb rhetoric

More dumb rhetoric Again this is right wing brainwashing and complete claptrap and you seem to have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

You have been told to hate so you hate.

LOL no you couldn’t – I mean we have been through all this stuff a thousand time over the last few years and you have NEVER been able to defend them from criticism all you do is make excuses or claiming you can’t be bother to address them.

LOL and there come the excuse

And again I ask – can you explain in a rational way what you think you have won?

Why would you want to celebrate something that you can’t defend against the criticism that it is going to be bad for the country and likely to do harm to many of your fellow citizens?

That seems insane.

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

It seems to me that the premise of this thread points to the problem within the UK political system.

In that there are people who have little or no grasp of the issues and little to no knowledge on them but who are seemingly easily manipulated by emotional arguments (that are often lies) that appeal to their bias and prejudices.

So we get people wanting to celebrate something that in any rational terms will have a harmful effect on the country and its people.

9. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Remainer's you just have to love all the shit they put out that is so far out of truth, just to get there point across, its makes me cry.

I have been reading just some of your answers above, pity you don't supply toilet paper with them?

Tell us all do you live in fairy land.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  10. Boozercruiser

‘Spot on Barry.
    I have given up trying to have a conversation with these poor losers now.
    I get better sense talking to the bog wall whenever I go for a shite!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

LOL –

Trouble is that NO leaver has been able to dispute the fact that Brexit is a dumb idea and that the people giving it support can’t defend it in any rational or reasonable way.

But please – go on put me in my place and explain why Brexit is a good idea, it should be good for a laugh

12. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Come back when you have some real answers, the ones you use now are so fake.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  13. Boozercruiser

Hear Hear!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

LOL that is just evasion

As to answers its does seem to be you that actually seems lacking in that department

But that is something you could correct

Can you please name one law or regulation we didn’t want to bring in that was forced on us by the EU?

Can you explain how the deals we get are going to be better than what we have when the UK is going to be in the weaker position?

Given that we can already trade to the rest of the world what are we going to suddenly manufacture and sell when outside the EU that we could not do while in the EU?

How does going from a free trade agreement with our biggest trading partner (EU27) by putting up barriers to trade with them, help us?

15. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

The EU told us who we could trade with, the rest of the world is out of it.

If you think we cant trade with Australia or New Zealand and lots of other country's all because of the EU, that's not the rest of the world.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Barry

Again that isn’t answering the questions

Also I’m not sure what you mean – what countries does the EU say we can’t trade with?

We already do trade with Australia and New Zealand and lots of other country's so do you even know what your point is?

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mystic

You like that post so maybe you can explain what it's trying to say?

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

UK exports

Of course the nearest market is the one we trade with most (that is the EU27) then added to that is agreements we have through the EU then US China and then other countries around the world.

[​IMG]

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh, dude that doesn't mean shit

Australia gets 40% of its stuff from China, and that's 8000 kms away, 10% of its stuff from the US and thats half a planet away

You could totally change the make up of that chart within 6 weeks if you wanted to

As if the UK private sector is going to sit around and wait for the EU to squabble with the UK government.....and not just sell more shit to everywhere else instead

Come back to this in last quarter of 2021, guarantee you the blue section will be cut in half

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

But as I’ve pointed out before places like Germany already exports more to China and India than we do, what are we going to suddenly manufacture, create and sell when we are not part of the EU that we didn’t and couldn’t have done when part of it?

Now I’m still up for your promised rationally based defence of Brexit

Can you give a rational reason why you think Brexit will be good for the UK and its people?

Not wishful thinking

Not bluster

Not bullshit

A rational and reasonable argument

I mean we have been discussing this issue for over three years here and NO leaver has yet come up with one but…..

Oh and please don’t claim like before that you have but refuse to say where or what it was I’m wise to that one

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020