Brit stabbed to death a'dam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by fedor, Nov 25, 2005.

1. fedor

fedor Member

2. swasw1

swasw1 Member

3. fedor

fedor Member

[​IMG]

Don't know where to find that story in English, but a quick translation:

2 Brits left a bar in the Warmoesstraat at 03.00, walked to the Oudezijdsarmsteeg. Man offered them drugs, they refused, and after some words they got stabbed.

The two were transfered to the hospital where one of em died.(don't know anything about the condition of the other one)

The offender flee in the direction of the Oudezijds Voorburgwal.

4. swasw1

swasw1 Member

Fills me with confidence for my arrival in 6 days...
    Having said that I dont intend to be walking the streets at 3am with just 1 other person, Amsterdam (centre) being the shit hole it is, is far to risky for that.

5. fedor

fedor Member

It were Middlesbrough supporters....

A Middlesbrough supporter has been fatally stabbed in Amsterdam following the club's Uefa Cup clash against AZ Alkmaar on Thursday.

Police have also confirmed that another man suffered serious injuries following the match which took place 40 miles from the Dutch capital.

A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said: "We are in regular contact with police in Holland following information received by Cleveland Police this morning of an attack that took place in Amsterdam

"This incident resulted in the death of one man and severe injuries to another man."

fucking stabbers

6. martin6661

martin6661 Member

look at expatica.com for english version

7. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

soccor hooligans i take it? figures

8. fedor

fedor Member

No way, it has nothing to do with the FOOTBALL. AZ doesn't even has hooligans.

9. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

I doubt it even has real fans, who cares about Alkmaar anyway [​IMG]

10. jasonspaceman

jasonspaceman Member

the centre of amsterdam is safer than london and most places i've been. there is also a lot more to the centre than the red light district (unfortunately all too many brits never even venture out of the red light).

there are isolated pockets in the RDL which can be dangerous late at night, but generally speaking, if you just ignore the dealers they'll leave you alone.

it would be a pretty safe bet to say that the brits in question were being smart arses and bit off more than they could chew.

11. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Friggin street dealers. This is why I never talk to them, even acknowledge them.
    The footy supporters were UK Middlesbrough fans who were playing AZ Alkmaar
    in the UEFA Cup. Apparently 600 Brits went to see the game but about 200 of
    them had no tickets and the remaining 400 congregated in Amsterdam bars to
    watch the match on TV's. There was no trouble in any way at the game but these
    two men went outside to talk to a drug dealer in the Red Light District where a
    confrontation happened, the men refused to buy the drugs off the dealer where
    the idiot lashed out in a frenzied assault and ran away and is still at large.
    Hope he gets caught.............................

12. space doubt

space doubt Member

13. skizate

skizate Member

eh.. When I was there for the cup just last week. I had dumb ass dealers try n sell me shit... And if you ignore them.. they simply walk up to you and get in your face? least thats how it seemed to me. I just told them that i could call for police (since there everywhere in ams or so it seemed) And they would generally just walk away and find another person. One occasion though and the dude wouldnt leave so I pulled out my baton after he told me. "if you dont buy from me there is gonna be trouble" and I said Damn right theres gonna be trouble and had the asp already pulled out. Needless to say I didnt see that guy again. (also not to be racist or anything but it looked like the majority of the street dealers/bums were North African er Black?) I guess that is just another problem with Dutch Immigration laws? I dunno

14. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

haha :D

15. DSPSYSSTS

DSPSYSSTS Member

Don't trust Darkie.

16. swasw1

swasw1 Member

Possibly, but does that mean one of them deserves to lose his life ?

tosser !

17. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

Fucking Hell is freezing over, JSM and I agree on this. There is no chance anyone got stabbed for saying no. There is more to the story.

SP

18. koopa

no it means they were probably acting like drunk english wankers which contributed toward the escalation......for example, the difference between ignoring him and saying "fuck off darky"

of course it still wouldn't be there fault and they wouldn't deserve it (like a girl walking into prison in a mini skirt that gets raped, she doesn't deserve it. and it sucks that wearing a short skirt in a prison would contribute towards the inmates lewd behavior. but all ideals aside IT DOES CONTRIBUTE TO THE SITUATION)

tosser!

19. koopa

probably from the "dutch east indies" :)

20. space doubt

space doubt Member

I'm glad we've got people like koopa around to let us know exactly what went down!!!