Brilliant KAVA Recipe!~!

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by ancient powers, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

4 cups of cold water in a blender.

4 heaping TBSPS of powdered kava root.

1 Large TBSP of powdered soy lechtin.

A splash of lemon or lime juice.

Blend on whip for 4mins.

Pour into a 10inx6in muslin bag inside a large bowl or large measuring cup.

Gently allow the mixture to filter, gently squeezing it slowly. Towards the end, massage the root mud and squeeze out the remaining liquid.

Turn muslin bag inside out over a trash can to remove the exhausted root powder.

Rinse bag in sink and set somewhere to dry.

Pour filtered extract back into the blender.

Add 1 cup pineapple juice + 1/2 cup regular cocunut milk (no fat free ew!)

Serve on the rocks everytime.

Hold beverage in mouth for a few seconds to cause a numbing sensation in mouth. This usually only works during the begining of a kava session.

The buzz usually comes on quick and is relatively similar to an alcohol buzz. It is not possible to get drunk off kava and there seems to be a level that can only be prolonged and that is reached during the first serving.

Kava is the only herbal supplement I have found comparable to alcohol. Even though you can not get drunk off kava you still recieve a buzz similar to sipping alcohol without overdoing it.

Try konakava.com for your kava paraphenilia

2. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

Interesting recipe. Thanks for this. i love kava kava. Use it approx. 1x/month. It IS kind of like alcohol, but without all the darkness. Just the warmth and relaxation and looseness.

3. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

yeah i like drinking kava on sundays while im watching football. This recipe gives the full effect of the kava for sure.

4. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

The other day I was experimenting and I put about 2-3 tablespoons of kava into a 16 ounce water bottle, then poured milk over top of it and let it sit in my fridge for somewhere around 28 hours so the kavalactones could extract into the milk. (in theory since they are believe to be somewhat lipid-soluble) .. Then took the bottle out and shook it a little bit to also aid in the extraction process, strained, and drank. The effects hit rather strong (I judge the roots to be medium-quality from Fiji). I would recommend this tek to the lazy folk like myself around here.

I wouldn't even bother using water since it isn't believed to be water-soluble at all and milk makes it taste considerably a bit better (less of a muddy taste, little more peppery in a good way). Whole-fat milk is best though I used 2% reduced fat milk and it was fine.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

bump for this thread so I have it in my 'your posts'. Great info!

Does anyone know if a kava milkshake of sorts would work?

6. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

I have seen recipes for kava milkshakes online but haven't actually tried it myself.

Just google kava milkshake and you'll find lots of recipes.

7. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

yeah they say water no good. but thats how its done. they say the soy lechtin is helpful and I know a little lime or lime juice makes alkaloids more soluble in water.

4min blend. pour in muslin bag and patiently filter kava. massage out the last of liquid to really get it out of the root.

sometimes i feel the buzz through my hands.

extra pineapple juice and cocunut milk remove any bitter kava taste. and the cold water kava on the rocks is soooo refreshing.

plus its lighter so you can drink it all day without milk overload.

1 blender of my recipe is good for 1 person for a few good good hours.

8. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

yummy. I love kava!! I need to buy some soon! I am all out : (

and thanks for sharing these recipes!!!

yay!!

9. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

A REAL Kava Connoisseur, like myself, only drinks kava grown on the the southern slopes of Tafahi (an volcanic atoll just off Niuatoputapu in Tonga) and infused by hand through bark into local spring water by a pretty village girl.

It is drank neat - okay, sometimes with a generous dask of surgical alcohol if you are drinking with the local doctor :dizzy2: - from a communal half coconut shell, without any fancy western condiments to mask the muddy after-taste.

Drink enough of it, as I always did, and you haven't a care in the world, except how to get home, which can be as much as 50 yards away! It's a real feat that only a seasoned drunk, such as me, can manage when you are numb from your feet to your neck. :cheers2:

10. JoeKava

JoeKava Guest

Brilliant recipe! The Kava Library at www.kavalibrary.com also has a ton of Kava Recipes and pictures.