Brexit Bunker

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

What's in your Brexit bunker? Mine's got beer, coffee, paracetamol and bog roll.

2. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

can u live on that? and bog roll is not vital....can use water to wash yr bum or old '''leave newspapers"

Simon :)

Joshua Tree likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I read today that the Queen will be relocated in the event of an unruly reaction to the impending departure from the EU. The Queen to be evacuated in case of Brexit unrest - media She's probably not going into a bunker though. :)

Wow. What an interesting set of circumstances in Great Britain.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Our biggest short term could be milk. We import 25 million pounds worth of it from the Irish republic and small quantities from France and Germany.
    However, I think that the EU will soon wake up if their farmers have to start pouring it all down the drain.

We contribute far more to the EU than we receive. Otherwise they would be bending over backwards to get rid of us.

5. Joshua Tree

I'd use a bidet, but that's a French import so we're screwed :)

etherea and eggsprog like this.
  6. Joshua Tree

Thatcher stole all our milk years ago. I use soya milk in my tea. WAIT. Tea? That's an import. No tea???!!!!!

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't think India is in the EU, you'll be fine lol

8. Joshua Tree

Well the trouble is our trade deals with the rest of the world are arranged through the EU bloc. So it might just be hot water for me. We might not even be able to buy a Big Mac, Heaven forfend.

eggsprog likes this.
  9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Their is nothing wrong with our milk, or that which we import from Ireland. The small amounts at peak times (low yields from the cows), comes from France and Germany. No other milk is imported into the UK.

The whole problem is with the processing, which simply increases the shelf lie from a few days to more than a week. This involves homogenization which breaks up the fat chains. Unfortunately, the excuse that it is more healthy is controversial, but the one thing that is certain is that it destroys the taste.
    What is sold as 'full fat' is less than 4% (!% is less than 4%) LOL. Fresh milk from a Jersey cow contains around 10% fat.
    Standardization can become a scam. It originally allowed butter to be added to full cream milk, but with 4% it would never be necessary (unless the cows were half dead). In reality, it allows the processors to replace fats after over churning for butter production. Their seem to be no specific rules, but although it is emphatically denied, it is strongly rumored that vegetable fat is added.

10. I'm just waiting on the chance for a wee bit civil unrest! We are being governed by a bunch of duplicitous cunts and it's time the populace stood up and made their feelings known. Whichever way this debacle turns out we, the ordinary people, will be the losers!

Si69 likes this.
  11. So
    Am I the only person who thought "bog roll" was food? A roll that one eats.

And mind you, I've spent some time in London.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why am I not surprised a Brits Brexit Bunker doesnt contain soap

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

......yet you will still chicken out next time there is a vote for Scottish Indeoendance

14. Joshua Tree

sausage roll, cheese roll, arctic roll, chocolate roll = food
    bog roll = other end

15. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

bog.....maybe cos it's smelly?

and Joshua u can make dandelion coffee.....and we grow chicory don't we....,.yeah we can go back to wartime mentality

Simon :-(

16. Got it!

Joshua Tree likes this.
  17. Not me darling!

Asmodean likes this.
  18. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Pair of these, and no more worries...............

[​IMG]

Joshua Tree likes this.