Breakup of the Beatles

Discussion in 'Rock 'n' Roll' started by Bocks, Oct 10, 2005.

1. LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo

LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo Member

While this is true, many people didn't see those songs as George songs, just Beatles songs. Frank Sinatra said "Something" was his favorite Lennon/McCartney song and my mother didn't know George wrote anything at all with the Beatles.

~Layla

2. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

It always annoys me when people discuss The Beatles, obviously in an attempt to show off their knowledge of them, but have serious misconceptions. Eg. Sinatra.

3. LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo

Oh I know. I have an uncle who swears up and down that Here Comes the Sun is a Paul McCartney song...and he lived through the Beatle era

~Lay;a

4. Jim

Jim Senior Member

Yes, but WE know and that's all that matters.

5. Bluesbilly Dave

Bluesbilly Dave Member

The breakup was inevitable,but it didn't have to be the end.It wasn't until much later that rock bands realized that they could separate for a year or two,do solo albums or nothing at all,then come back together to record,and still have their fan base.It's how the Rolling Stones have stayed together for over 40 years.
    But nobody was thinking that way in 1969.The Beatles had re-written the show-business rules,but didn't know it.
    I think they would have tried secretly getting together in the 80's just to see what would happen.But John's death prevented that,obviously.

6. MistyLove

MistyLove Member

George Harrison once said that if they had stayed together, every solo song that any one of them ever did would have ended up on a Beatles album. I think that'd be pretty damn cool. Though they did a few songs with other members sometimes (Ringo Starr and John Lennon on I am the Greatest; George, Paul, and Ringo on All Those Years Ago).

7. LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo

and George and Ringo wrote and performed "Photograph" and "Sail Away Raymond" on Ringo's self titled :)
    and Ringo played drums on quite a few Harrison solo albums.

It's weird to think of all their solo songs put together. I'm trying to imagine Lennon's "God" on the same album as Harrison's "My Sweet Lord"....lol

~Layla

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ya may be right buddy I dunno..... I have heard some think YOKO ONO made them split,I dunno......

Only I song from her I like: TOUCH ME (A wierd song)