Breakfast for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Posthumous, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I made scrambled eggs and hashbrowns for dinner and it was sooo good. :)

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i do that sometimes :)

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wouldn't make breakfast for dinner... but i love it at restaurants

4. lode

lode Banned

Ugh, I love breakfast for dinner.

I think Thrusday evening I'm going to make a big breakfast before bed, smoke a bowl and pig out.

5. telephone

telephone weird

Eggs are good any time.

6. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

I made flour tortillas and a big pot of red roasted tomato salsa earlier so i made Huevos Rancheros.. soooo good.. especially after a big fattie

7. Posthumous

I make my own salsa, and I make chips by quartering corn tortillas and frying them in olive oil.

:drool:

I shall be a great housewife for some fine woman someday. :D

8. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Hell yea! Breakfast for dinner rocks!:)

9. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

haha thats awesome. how do you make yours? I roast the tomatoes, a clove of galic and serrano peppers over fire, them mush the tomatoes with my hand so its chunky, blend the peppers and garlic and throw in some chopped cilantro, salt to taste. cook it down, and its ready to eat. yum.

10. nesta

nesta Banned

i fucking hate eggs with every fiber of my being, and as such i dislike most "breakfast" meals. i also despise eating ham.

some breakfast foods are fine, but rarely for breakfast. either too sweet, too greasy, or too rich.

i wouldnt mind having some waffles and sausage links some night soon for dinner, though. maybe when i get paid and get a bag of weed i can get stoned and have a tasty breakfast supper :D

11. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Hm. This brings back found childhood memories of my dad.

When I had sleepovers my friends thought it was strange that we ate crepes, pancakes, eggs and such for dinner.

12. Posthumous

Omg I'm coming over to your house. Mine is not so fancy: chopped fresh onion and tomato, teaspoon of vinegar, pinch of garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne, and oregano.

13. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

hahaha sure! lemme know when u pull up on me. Its not fancy really, just authentic Mexican salsa. people can really fuck salsa up.. like when they add black beans and corn..groooss!!!

14. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

oh, and I can cook like nobody's business, especially mexican food. I can make anything and have a passion for it. my neighbors love me. everything from scratch.

15. snail

snail Member

Truth

16. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

I have an issue with eggs. i use them in cooking, but the thought of eggs in certain things makes me wanna gag sometimes. I dont eat egg noodles coz they make me gag. I like eggs, but if i think about it, i get pukey. i have no clue why.

17. Posthumous

I used to have that pukey reaction to runny yolks like with sunnyside up and overeasy cooked eggs when I was a child. Seems like they were bleeding. :ack:

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

tying particular kinds of food to particular times of day is mostly for mundane twits.

if anything, most so called breakfast foods, grease and sugar especially, are the last thing in hell my stomic can deal with first then upon waking. my breakfasts are preferably, and since i generally make them myself, pretty much invariably, some sort of broth and pasta, with some sort of protean in them. not always meat. but just about any kind of meat or vegitable protean other then beans will do.

shrooms and or cheese is good too.

eggs i invariably reserve for any mean OTHER then my first of the day. same goes for things like cerial and french toast. biscuits and gravey, otherwise knows as shit on a shingle, is about the only so called breakfast food i really care to have for breakfast at all ever. and i do need to eat first thing when i wake up usually.

then again i tend, given half the chance, to be an alterday, i.e. 'nocturnal' person.

so i consider my breakfast whatever i first eat when i wake up. which is often anywhere from late in the day, to some time after midnight.

which makes the title of this thread a bit ambiguous to me.

=^^=
    .../\...

19. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I eat cereal for dinner almost all the time...

20. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Mmm biscuits and sausage gravy, with a slice of tomato and onion.