Bras and White Shirts

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by plastic bagism, Apr 23, 2007.

1. plastic bagism

plastic bagism Member

Would you wear a thin white shirt out in public with your bra showing through? Do you think that it's slutty?

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

You must have seen me outside today! I was wearing a white shirt that was on the thinner side and yes, you could see my bra through it, but the heck if I care. The bra was white, so was the shirt. I was comfy in it and my yoga pants while chasing after my kids. :)

It's better than me wearing a thin white shirt with no bra on and my nipples peeking out for everybody to see. ;)

So to answer your question, no, I don't think it's slutty, I mean, some shirts are just thin and there's not much you can do about hiding your bra lines!

3. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Haha this question brings back memories of junior high/hs when all the girls war black bras with white wife beater tanks. Lol. I personally think that certain look looks sorta silly, but hey to each their own.

But I don't necessarily think it looks sluty.

4. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I voted yes, because I am personally not comfortable going out in public under those circumstances described in the poll question. But I do not think it is slutty for other people to do it.

5. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

If you wear a skin coloured bra your bra won't show... just an FYI.

Depends where you are going in public... to work? Yes, its slutty. Wear a brightly coloured tank under the thin shirt, and problem solved.

Going to the park with your dog, kids, or whomever? Nope.. its just life.

6. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

not my place to tell other women what to wear, but personaly i find the whole sheer shirt thing really freakin unattractive, unles its a mesh shirt with a black bra at a goth club. otherwise i find it to be a bit, well, skanky and def a turn off for me, but hey, they probably arent trying to get into my pants anyway

7. dewaholic

dewaholic Member

Well yea. Would going braless be better? I think not.

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Pfft, a bra isn't slutty! I think it's so insane that bras are there to cover your boobs, and now if you see the bra then that's slutty? A bra is just fabric.

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

fuck no it's not slutty. it's not "dressed up," but it sure as hell isn't slutty. it's just a fucking t-shirt and bra. and SOMETIMES i go out in a tank top and my bra straps show just a little....*GASP* OMG! i must be out for some dick!! fucking women need to get a grip. just because someone is better looking than you doesn't mean she's a slut.

10. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

haha ^
    i certainly dont think its slutty! it can look nice, imo.
    i dont wear shirts with bra showing because i dont ever wear bras. yes, im the chick with the nipples peeking out for everyone to see ;) but i dont wear transparent cothes. unless im at a festival or something, then maybe id wear somehting a little sheer but mostly i dress quite modestly, just for my own comfort.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i combust sometimes. it's more a flash fire though.

my "natural" color is brown/black. but i thought it best to give people some warning.

12. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No...I wear T-shirt type white shirts all the time...some are stretchier than others, but I wear a white bra under them, or a beige/skin-colored bra...the look is fine on me, and definitely not slutty. No bra might get a few looks, but otherwise, it's probably OK...

I'm wondering if you have a particular style in mind that I'm just not seeing in my mind's eye....I see all ages of women wearing thin white shirts with bras all the time...

13. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

^^ That is SUCH a good point. I seriously never thought of that. The whole point of a bra is to cover your boobs, which is exactly what it's doing. So why would people being able to see that be being slutty?

But then there are always people who you can tell are trying to look slutty. Once I saw a girl wearing a thin white wife beater with a bright neon orange bra. I mean, I doubt she didn't notice it was see through, and no, she definitely didn't care either.

Coincidentally, I'm actually sitting here myself wearing a white wife beater and a black bra. But, I haven't gone outside in it. It's just hot in my house today so I decided to put it on. If I were to go out, I probably wouldn't change my shirt, I'd just change to a white bra or something.

So I guess it depends on your intentions. If its just an innocent thing, where you seriously don't care, that's not being slutty. But if you purposely go out trying to show off your bra, that's another story.

14. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I've always thought that look was pretty hot...

15. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I once went into work and one lady was wearing a short sleved shirt and a really fancy pink bra underneith, its seems to be a shame to have a nice bra and not show it and doing it the way you mentioned beats stripping down to your underwear and running around the shopping centre
    S

16. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

When I was working in housekeeping at a hotel, a guest complained that my friend (and co-worker/roommate)'s bra was too colourful and was showing through the white shirts we had to wear. The head of housekeeping asked her if she had any other bras that weren't pink, purple, or green and she said, "No, I don't." That was the end of that. Hahaha.

I found this really old book among my mom's old cook books when I was at her place last and it was by some housewife. She suggested wearing skin-tone bras with white shirts so that you can't see a white bra. You have the support but it just looks like skin underneath.

17. Samhain

does it really matter if it does look tarty anyway, its hardly really hurting anyone is it?
    S

18. ButtonGear

ButtonGear Member

Personally, I prefer the look of a white T-shirt and NO bra. :drool:

19. Samhain

how about no tshirt and no bra?
    S

20. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

I wouldn't say it's slutty. I mean you gotta wear something while wearing a thin white shirt. But if you have nothing on underneath or you have a bright colored bra, you are just asking for attention.. which isn't bad, just not my thing. Not a fan of white shirts anyways. Always in fear I'll get a stain on it or something.