brandnew veggitarian

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by retrofishie, May 30, 2004.

1. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

it's 6:10, i just finished a dinner i made of southern fried chicken and it disgusted me!!!!! the thought of chewing through flesh!!!uch!!!! i grew up on a farm and it's never bothered me before, but lately it's been grossing me out and so i cut back, but i feel sick now, i don't want to eat meat anymore.
    it's just such a big commitment and really hard when you are broke most of the time. i need help big time!!!!! i don't want to cut out milk or dairy products, i love them tooo much and they aren't flesh.

anyone have any cheap easy and tasty (most important) recipies that have lots of protein since i' won't be getting it from other sources.

2. veg_hippy

veg_hippy Member

yo

you only need 55 grams of protein a day and if your drinking a glass of milk that's about 9 or 10 right there. just tr to eat more beans and more nuts. you shouldn't have a porblem but if you find yourself craving, cut out one type of meat at a time until there's none left.
    later
    Brad

3. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

yeah, well i dont' really eat alot of meat anyways, maybe once or twice a week, but i do eat more beans, i didn't realize that milk had that much protien, not very observant eh! but i bought some yummy soy milk today, strawberry and chocolate, ummmm, half way into the strawberry. i also bought green lentils but i'm not sure how to make them, do i just boil them and then add them to what ever? i have been thinking about veggie burgers today, they are soo yummy. i'm just not sure how to start them.

so far today i've had:
    two pack of apple oatmean
    1/2 litre of strawberry soy milk
    some perogies and sourcream
    a glass of milk
    and lots of water.

i'm going to night school so we'll see what happens there

4. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Got to the vegetarian forum, my friend!

And congratulations on a life/health/environment-saving diet change:D