brain damage?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by virusborne, Nov 21, 2009.

1. virusborne

virusborne Member

i did lsd 3 times in my life. and i've noticed a stutter in my speech now...not like a complete speech impediment, but i tend to mess up my words..i feel like it killed part of my speech functioning area in my brain. what do you think? no flaming please

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

It killed nothing in your brain. If you happen to be developing a stutter thats on you. Try to think before you talk, that should help. Also the more practice you get talking the better at it you are, so stike up some conversations.

3. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

Try cocaine instead.

4. cataclysmic cognition

cataclysmic cognition Member

it doesn't damage it, but it can rewire it. the brain is very flexible, with some effort you can fix it.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I have developed many negative mental behaviors as a result of my drug use. These are perilously outweighed by the benefits I receive from them.

6. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

lsd can effect the mind, but the brain is safe.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I bet it is possible that the LSD caused this, might be something else though. Doesn't effect everyone the same...but I see no reason to totally believe it was the LSD, either.

8. Dein Liebsten

Dein Liebsten Member

Nah I feel stupid after I smoke weed too. Same thing with LSD. A few days later I was like "a durrrrr".

It'll go away. I don't know why it happens, but it stopped for me.

9. Geprodis

Geprodis Member

No, no chance. 3 times? You have heard of Timothy Leary right? He died of lung cancer from cigarettes when he was real old.

Why would you think it was LSD other than propaganda you have imbibed?:confused:

10. L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream

L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream Member

take a speech class. tripping 3 times wont do shit to you

11. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Avoid all drugs for a while. If it persists I'd see your PCP, a shrink, and then maybe speech therapy (depending on the recommendations you receive).

Whether or not the drugs are related is irrelevant. Just stop until you get this straightened out.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Take an IQ test and see how low you can go.

Might just be genetic.

13. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

Surprisnly my vocaburlary grow, but their was a period where i would rather think than talk...Id rather not talk about the period lmao

14. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

Absolutely no offense or flaming intended BUT...you chose to engage in a mind altering substance...granted I'm sure no one came out straight and told you this, the alterations generally are not temporary...I agree with most posts...see how things progress throughout the week and if they aren't any better then consider seeking some professional help. I truly hope all is well with you and just be comforted that it's more than likely you overthinking the situation.

15. raz5

raz5 زینب

i've done acid way more then three times and i speak fine... i'm pretty sure it isn't from the lsd.

16. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

my vote: not the acid.

17. somenerdyfreak

somenerdyfreak Member

i've tripped lsd 23 times and yesterday i was farting a lot...i'm fairly certain it's a result of my drug use.

18. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

but i think it was more of the fact of me chossing to think instead of talking...Never was i like the way i was though...It was an unusual experience

19. 52~unknown~52

52~unknown~52 Member

meh, i don't think it was the acid.... but everyone's different

20. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

but LSD isn't.
    The only physiological adverse effects that have been confidently associated with LSD is HPPD. Even then the exact mechanism of action that results in HPPD is unclear, and it is a relatively rare syndrome.
    LSD remains, according to all research to date, the safest known psychedelic substance in the dosages used by humans. Furthermore LSD is eliminated from the body within about 90 minutes at most to undetectable levels and very minute quantities ever even actually reach the brain.

If LSD had anything to do with precipitating your stuttering then it is most assuredly psychological in nature, not physiological.

I agree with Salmon4me, stop all drug use and see a doctor.
    Final thought, are you certain it was LSD you consumed?