Bradley Manning pleads guilty to some charges....

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Sig, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Sig

Sig Senior Member

2. odonII

odonII O

So he walked away from a newspaper that was thinking carefully about the kind of information that was released, and was taking care to make sure that none of it could cause harm if disclosed, and decided to just allow it all to be released? I doubt he read every single document.

I truly believed Wikileaks was his last resort, but am coming to the conclusion he really didn't care about all of the information released, and spoke to the MSM as a token gesture.

I would have liked for him to specify which cables highlighted “back-room deals and seemingly criminal activity,”and the flaws in the counterinsurgency policy the United States was then pursuing.

I believe it would have sparked greater debate if he had.
    Rather than focusing on half a dozen documents and a video.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Really? You think he should be put to death for this? :confused:

4. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Indeed I do. He won't be executed though.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I never thought he would be executed. Actually, I think I just haven't thought about that option at all until now.

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time

7. Sig

Sig Senior Member

The aiding the enemy charge can carry the death sentence, as can violations of the Espionage Act. Like I said, though, he won't be executed even if he is found guilty of those charges.

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think the guy is a hero, and besides, I'm totally against the death penalty; no one has the right to take anyone's life.... and especially not for speaking freely.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I'm not conviced any of the documents he released to WikiLeaks aided or were meant to aid the enemy at all.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't think they were. They were information that US citizens deserve to know.

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah, recently read an article on him and his actions. It seems he should be treated more as a whistleblower than a traitor.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

How so? He broke the law, his oath, and put peoples lives in danger just to feed his own ego. The shit deserves death, but that won't happen. Instead he'll just rot for the rest of his life.

13. Sig

Sig Senior Member

What makes you think you deserve to know classified information?

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

How did he put peoples lives in danger? Why are you so certain he did it to inflate his ego?

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

What is the information that he deserves to die for? What did he leak that put lives in danger?

16. Sig

Sig Senior Member

By exposing what we know, especially when the source falls under HUMINT, he exposed our sources, thus putting their lives in danger.

He has also exposed how our military operates in terms communication and response procedures. This is information that can be exploited by our enemies to make attack planning easier, and their attacks far more lethal.

He did this because he was painfully aware he was a nobody and he wanted to be somebody. He wanted to make a splash.

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well to be fair he released the documents to wikileaks who in turn haven't released information sensitive enough to endanger anyone, at least not from I've heard/read.

This doesn't seem to gel with the coversations he had with both wikileaks or government operatives.

18. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Do you think wikileaks knows the difference? Do they have the training to know what they are looking at? A document doesn't need to carry a name in order for the source to be identified.

His actions, and his behavior prior to doing this, speak louder than his words. I think, now, he finally grasps just what he has done.

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Based on an interview with Julian Assange they have consultants which are very qualified to do just that. They seem committed to safety and I've not heard or read of a single person coming to danger or harm as a result something they released.

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

And you wouldn't hear about it because such information would be classified and, fortunately, filth like manning are rare.