Braces

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Lady Neko, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

So who here wears braces on their teeth? I do. Got mine tightened today. They hurt like hell. But got yellow and neon green as colors. They look really cool.

2. The Lex

The Lex Member

I have to get braces or get a tooth pulled and a fake one put in. I don't know which one I will do. If you could chose, which one would you pick.

3. JaneJimMorrisonFan

JaneJimMorrisonFan Member

I got braces at the end of last year. At first I really didnt want them but i guess im getting used to it. The crap thing was that i got them rite before christmas! And i could hardly eat and there was soo much yum food!! lol yeh im getting mine tightened soon and i totally know how u feel Lady Neko! Rite now mine are purple and red =] i rekon it looks pretty good

oh and The Lex i would get braces, before i got mine put on i had to get 2 teeth pulled out. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. And afterwards my mum kept the teeth lol.

peace

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i used to have braces... and i have a tip for those that do.

wear your retainer when you get them off. you will thank yourself later.

5. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yellow and green braces? Well, at least you don't have to worry about brushing your teeth. Then you can be color coordinated.

6. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Actually, I had my braces off two days ago, and they're fucking awesome! I also have a permanent retainer, which is awesome: it's just a thin wire glued to the back of your teeth.

[​IMG]

7. Le_Femme_Floral

Le_Femme_Floral Member

I got my braces off almost exactly a year ago today!
    I'd had them for about 4 years. Exciting stuff.
    To those getting them on soon: stock up on oatmeal! I ate plenty when I got mine on!

8. The Lex

The Lex Member

Your mom kept them! Nice. Did she give you a quarter each? If not tell her to give them back thier worth something.

I here it hurts a lot so I am a little worried. My teeth arn't that bad it's just the one tooth so just getting it over with might be nice.

9. The Lex

The Lex Member

Danm dude, those are some nice teeth congrats.

10. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

lol! i just thought the color combination would be fun. i have gotten a few strange looks. but the color goes great with my dead shirt ^_^ next month its hot pink & neon green! lol! i did not want braces at first but there were some medical problems starting to develop and my mom offered to pay for it. so i took it up and its been about 3 months since i got them put on.

11. badmoonrising11

badmoonrising11 Member

yea i had brace for 3 years. i got them off about a year ago, I had them from 6th grade to 9th so I went all through middle school with braces. It sucked alot,cause if you didnt take care of them your gums would get so swollen. but i have a sweet retainer, neon orange that glowsin the dark, and i still wear it but only at night. hope your teeth look nice when they're off!

12. ***HigheR-LovE***

***HigheR-LovE*** Member

I got Retainers about 4 weeks ago. My orthadonthal treatmeant ended after about 3 hours of what was probably going to be a schedueled 2 or 3 years. Their was no way I was keeping them in. I was actually open to the idea at first but these retainers happened to be very big and restrictive ones. In fact I could barely close my mouth!!! And singing was a no-no , which posed a problem as I love to sing all the time.

13. Hajni

Hajni Member

I've had braces for 6 years.It was bad because it scraped my gum.Bloody....
    :ack:

14. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

I had retainers for a couple of years before having a fixed brace for roughly 3 years and oh holy shit; the worst days of my fucking life.

15. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

I only had my brace on for 6-8 months.

16. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

I know I'm nuts but I happen to think crooked teeth add distinction to the personality and a chick with crooked teeth can be damn cute. I'm sure there are some who are in pain or grossly disfigured but could others be because the Hollywood Disneyland Amerikan Idol has to have the perfect straight teeth and the shaven armpits and the latest threads from Old Navy or maybe because some dentist is financing their next yacht? Enlighten me.

17. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

That's like me, I won't touch my top two front teeth...they're a lil crooked but I couldn't see myself with them perfectly straight...they wouldnt match me...

my bottom teeth could use some straightening out...but my teeth arent too bad...its not easily seen...but I want braces on my bottom teeth..

18. The Lex

The Lex Member

Like I said I only have one tooth that is crooked, but it is really crooked and I am starting to feel some discomfort from it. I don't know if it will get better or worse. I am also not the richest person in the world so I wouldn't get them if I didn't think I needed them. Also I don't see many dendists with yachts.
    One more thing your sig is great. Haha

19. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

crazylegs; that sig is hilarious :)
    I could just imagine that in motion with some comedy music mate.
    Awww, giggle.
    Peace.

20. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

You know, I was just thinking about my braces experience, and...it's pretty damned fucked up that my mother never really gave me a choice in the matter. (Warning: Freudian rant ahead)...I mean, I had a retainer in second grade---SECOND GRADE! Of course I lost it a bunch of times, and we had to buy a new one...how did my parents expect an 8 year old to be responsible for a $250 peice of wire?? And then I got braces in 5th grade, and I told my mom I didn't want them, but it didn't seem to matter--I was getting them anyway. Had them for 2 fucking years.

I only wore my retainer a few months after I got the braces off, and now one of my bottom teeth goes in slightly. My mom saw it recently, and she starts bitching about all that money she spent on braces, and she still gives me the "I told you so.." crap whenever anything about the marks on my teeth comes up. See, I didn't brush very well when I had my braces, because a) I was always in pain, and b) even when I did brush it is totally impossible to get behind those damn wires, so why try? So now I have little white spots where the braces used to be, and my teeth are starting to shift, but you know what? I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!! They aren't fucked up to the point where it's hard to brush, and seriously, unless you're some shallow supermodel no one is going to care.

When I have kids, I'll make sure the money is there if they want them, but I'm leaving the decision up to them.

Glad I got that off my chest [​IMG]