!!!Bootleg Phish Shows!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale or Trade' started by lostblackdog, Feb 18, 2005.

1. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

Sorry, but I almost forgot! I have nearly 100 phish shows recorded onto casettes and collected from 1989-1995ish and some of 96. Will sell all of them for $300 or $5 a show. Many shows, and lots of multiple sets. You pay the cost of shipping or come and get them yourself.

Peace

2. blueburbie

blueburbie Member

That's bad news, bro... if you've collected that many shows, you know that selling these show's is illegal. Keep it legit, and nobody buy this dude's shit!!

3. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

lol... you're bad news asshole. These shows were my uncle's and he left them to me when he died. I'm only 21 years old... like I was following Phish in 1989 when I was what, 5 or 6??? I didn't collect these as much as I inherited them, and when you're down on cash and not really a HUGE fan of phish, like I'm sure many people on here are, wouldn't you rather those tapes go to people who deserve them? As far as I know, I don't believe anyone is going to come after these tapes, so it's just as legit as buying them in the lot right after the show. TONS of people do that, and although I didn't make these or collect these, I know how the game is played. I'm not necessarily selling the shows as much as I'm looking to trade, so fuck off and quit tryin to narc up shit anymore than the feds have already done...

4. FreedomRyver

FreedomRyver Member

Haha well said:)

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

part of the deal with bands allowing people to tape shows is the agreement that they are not to be sold. you may not be aware of this and thats understandable, and it is very entepeneral to try to sell them, but you really shouldnt. it kindof is considered a big no no.

6. blueburbie

blueburbie Member

Yea, that was well said.... for a 21 year old. You probably wouldn't be down on your cash if you'd get off your ass, stop smoking fucking pot all damn day, and get a fucking job. You're clueless.

7. juggla

juggla Member

fag

8. blueburbie

blueburbie Member

fuck you....... and all those similar to you! ;)

9. matty mcfatty

matty mcfatty "freakin' awesome"

as a fellow juggalo i got to jump in with a rick james on your ass blueburbie. let the man sell his shit its not hurting you. and it sure as hell ain't hurtin fish, so get the sand out of your pussy, pussy.

10. blueburbie

blueburbie Member

And, I've stuck a nerve with yet another fucking moron... fuck off, mcfatass!

What happened to respecting music, and musicians? I thought that was second nature to "hippies"......

11. WayfaringStranger

actually he is hurting phish. and he is hurting the future of tapeing live shows, wich is an integeral part of the jamband scene. this type of behaviour has to be discouraged, because if people start selling bootlegs, then the bands will stop allowing tapers to tape shows. alot of people out there live for taping shows, and we owe them alot because they provide us with almost every jamband show ever for free! i cant hate on the kid for trying, it is a good idea, but now that he knows the reasons why nobody else is doing it, he should not offer them up for sale anymore. he can trade them for pot, like any other self respecting hippie would do, or ask for donations.

12. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

It is a unwritten rule not to sell shows that are bootlegged, You are gonna profit from something someone else put their heart and soul into, plus how much of the profit will go to PHISH??? You should never pay more than the price of a blank tape or cd for a bootlegged show.

13. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

I agree with you guys as far as that goes, but unfortunately there is really no other way for me to make money right now. I live in a very small town where unemployment is nearly at 25% right now. (I'm a college kid and also a sociology major, so don't think I'm just bullshitting here.... this town is seriously fucked up.) I hate selling shows because my Uncle Jim was the one who left the tapes to me, and he and I both loved listening to Phish and the Dead whenever we hung out, but he ODed on coke four years ago and hence the tapes were left to me. Right now I don't have any pot to smoke, and I've been looking all over the county for a job so I can get stuff like food, gas, and maybe some beer here and there, but right now it's not gonna happen. All the textile mills in the surrounding areas have been shut down in the last 10-20 yrs and that forced the local people into jobs previously available to college kids like me. If there was any other way, I would take it, but right now there's pretty much nothing I can do but try to capitalize on my resources, and unfortunately my resources are vanishing. So yeah... Blurbie, or Barbie, or Blueballs... whatever your name is.... get off my fucking nuts and let me do my thing. It's either these shows or get my ass on the corner slingin' cut-to-fuck yay to the hood rats who have nothing else to live for here. I've already had to deal up here before, and I hate it. It's all coming from cartels and I'm really really against that, "but hey, that's the way it is..." - 2Pac
    I know people could assume that I'm living well because I have a computer and go to college and shit, but the truth is far from that. The only way I get any income these days is by runnin packages across town and campus, and sometimes all I get is bud in return, but at least that lets me escape for a while. I need $$$....

14. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

Let the man sell his tapes, If I had the money I would buy them because I love phish, im sure its not hurting phish any and if they knew the situation I really doubt they would mind. Maybe you could try ebay?

15. dhs

dhs Senior Member

NO ONE BUY HIS TAPES

YOU CAN GET PRETTY MUCH WHATEVER YOU WANT ONLINE FOR FREE THROUGH SITES LIKE ARCHIVE.ORG

BANDS ALLOW TAPING SO THAT THE MUSIC CAN BE SPREAD AMONGST FANS FOR FREE!!

IF YOU ARE A FAN OF LIVE MUSIC AND WISH TO ALWAYS HAVE ACCESS TO RECORDINGS,

DONT BUY HIS OR ANYONE ELSE'S TAPES!!

16. WayfaringStranger

the rainbowe does have many colors, but kid, you sound about a half step behind your uncle. give it up. im not too far away from you,i showed up in a back pack and now i have a job. sellin bootlegs is bad karma, especially if they were left to you by your uncle.

17. lostblackdog

lostblackdog Member

I would love to keep these tapes almost as much as I would love to keep my penis, but to be honest, I have decent connections in the music field as it is, I'm sure phish wouldn't mind a broke brutha trying to put bread on the table. My aunt kelly was the female vocalist for widespread panic up until Capricorn records told her that they really wanted her talent more than the band, but the band basically told her that they didn't need her and they wanted it to be a guys' group. I can understand that, but still... it sucks for her sometimes. I think she's in Vegas now at the wedding of her friend Elli and WSP's manager. From what Hauser (RIP) told me, none of the band members done care, it's okay to charge like $3.50 - $8. 40 for a whoel show (half of $.4.20!) Everyone has to put bread on the table, and unfortunately this is my only way out. Anyways... thanks to all who came to leave positive message, and to the rest of you... I'll be sure to shit on your tombstones after i give you a dirty sanchez in the funeral home when no one's looking. :)

NO BODY LISTEN TO THESE CRAZY Ranters!!!! They're probably feds or even worse.... republican business executives!!!

18. blueburbie

blueburbie Member

Actually, I'm a self employeed liberal... good guess, though. Considering your claim to be a "Celtic Man", and the beer you're pictured with... you'd probably enjoy what I do... I own and operate an authentic Irish Pub. Too bad you don't live closer... I'd hire you to sweep my fucking parking lot, or maybe wash some dishes. Good luck with all that you'll become.

19. WayfaringStranger

homeless street musician, and hipper than thou.