Books on Guitar?

Discussion in 'Music Books' started by Plasticfantasticlover, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

I recently started learning how to play guitar, I was l wondering what are some books worth my time that will help me learn?

2. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

This is a fantastic book that covers everything from guitar greats, to guitar maintainence, customization, proper technique, scales, chords (including a chord dictionary) and much more.

http://www.amazon.ca/Guitar-Handbook-Ralph-Denyer/dp/0679742751"]The Guitar Handbook: Amazon.ca: Ralph Denyer: Books

Also, this guy's website and lessons are great.

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

3. Yancyxx

Yancyxx Member

"Berklee Press A Modern Method For Guitar Volume1"
    This Books introduce the basic of guitar playing chords and scales.

4. Zombie_Minstrel

Zombie_Minstrel Member

x 2 for Justinguitar.com, I learn covers off his wonderful website often. Honestly I don't think you need a book, you can find amazing instructional videos on youtube for free. I would recommend anyone just starting out to seek an instructor for 4 to 6 lessons. It doesn't have to be at a music store or anything, find a friend who plays better then you do and have them teach you how to: tune, play all 7 Major chords and show you how to use Bar chords. That's all you need to know to play around a campfire. If you wish to learn beyond that learn the minor chords and 7 (vii) chords.

Hit me up if you ever have any questions, I've been playing guitar for 30 years and play in bands still (even tho I'm an old guy :)

Peace out

5. Losty

Losty Member

It is great that you started learning this godly instrument.
    I would recomend Phil Capone's books.
    :sunny:

P.S
    ROCK ON !
    :punk:

6. AngelAus

AngelAus Member

Well while you're on the Internet, I'd suggest googling for teachings/help. My boyfriend tried to become a rock star but just never had the time but he stated to play songs just from solo teachings on the Internet. GuitarTabs I think he uses. But that might just be for tabs but I'm sure there's tutorials.

7. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

This