Books about Ancient Roman society

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction Books' started by TrumpCards, Jul 15, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I’m interested about learning more about the Romans (I wanted to know about the fucked up shit in their society; I wanted to know if there were prostitutes and beggars roaming the streets everywhere. I wanted to know if it was legal for men to gang rape child prostitutes or child slaves; I wanted to know if some fabulously wealthy people had the legal right to rape a woman in public as punishment for wronging him; stuff like that).

Recommendations?

2. sae68

sae68 Members

Take a look on Amazon,there are LOT'S to choose from.Also plenty of reviews to help you choose.
    As far as i know it varied a lot over the course of the Roman Empire.After all it was around for 2000 odd years.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

HBO Series, Rome.

And yes, everything you want to know, did happen. Well I dunno about the rape. But the rest.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes. There were prostitutes In ancient Roman, and while you couldn’t simply rape any women no matter how rich you were, you could rape your male and females slaves.
    Often young boys were treated the same as women. They simply didn't differentiate between the two when it came to sexual contact.

Book recommendation HISTORY OF THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i like the fall part.
    barbarian hoooooordes

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider