Book Review: "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phoenix_indigo, Apr 9, 2007.

1. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

Yes this book is a few years old. But I only read it a month ago. I absolutely loved this book and it definitely makes you think about the state of the United States as well as the rest of the world.

Here's a great review of the book I found. http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/caring_soul/95621

If you are politically intrigued, or just intrigued in general about how the hell someone like George W. Bush got into office, what he's been doing since he got there, and well if there is much difference between him and the other guy ... then this is certainly a book that will make you think and question a lot of things yourself.

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Quite an enjoyable read, and pretty funny too. I don't rate Michael Moore as a serious political heavyweight, but he fills an important niche - a lefty with a mass marketed common touch to rival Bush's everyman conservatism. And that said, I did find out quite a bit in that book about American politics that I probably wouldn't have come across elsewhere. I'm glad there are people like Moore out there, just to remind us that not all Americans are right-wing, Bible thumping nutjobs....

3. lithium

lithium frogboy

I read this at the time, I remember enjoying it and like Peace also learnt a few things about the US political system. I remember thinking to myself that Michael Moore is a better film-maker than an author. It's written very much like one of his polemic monologues, and as long as you read it as that rather as a serious political book, there's certainly a place for it.:) He may overly simplify things but I am a fan of Michael Moore's skilful polemical style.