Bonnie and Clyde

Discussion in 'Classic Movies' started by hippie1987, Aug 31, 2005.

1. hippie1987

hippie1987 Guest

This has to be one of the best films I've ever seen! It's a classic! Some wonderful acting and the script has some sharp dialogue with enough twists and turns, it's unbelivable! Any fans out there? What you think of the film?

2. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

I don't think I've ever seen a Bonnie and Clyde movie...is it new,who plays in it?

3. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

AHAH NOOOOOOOO it's not new! :D I believe its from 1967.

I loooove Bonnie & Clyde. My dad told me about when it came out, he went at saw it at the show and said it was just incredible, and they'd never seen slow motion before.

Normally I couldn't watch that type of movie, but I'll sit and watch the whole damn thing whenever Bonnie and Clyde comes on. Seems to me it's got everything you'd want in a movie.

4. TooMuchTheMagicBus

TooMuchTheMagicBus Member

awww bonnie and clyde is such a great movie, i saw it for the first time when i was like 13.

5. Acorn

Acorn Member

i want to see it. sounds good.

6. TheRage_isRelentless

TheRage_isRelentless Member

I used to love this film. I havent seen it in such a long time. Warren Beatty as clyde was wonderful, im not a huge Beatty fan.... but i have to say i like him in this film. And Faye Dunaway is just beautiful, absolutly gorgeous. I love her. Now i want to watch this movie. lol :)

<3 -Sami-

Bilby likes this.
  7. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Faye Dunaway looked far more pretty before her face lift. I think Beatty was funny as hell in Bullworth.

8. Brigante

Brigante Member

definatley a great film:2thumbsup:

9. sherman march

sherman march Members

Warren Beatty wanted Natalie Wood to play the role of 'Bonnie' but she did not want to play that kind of character. She thought it would hurt her screen persona. She turned him down. Beatty did not get along well with Faye Dunaway at all and treated her terribly on the set, so bad that she had a nervous breakdown and had to be hospitalized for a few days. The studio kept all this quiet because it had a big investment in Beatty and in the movie. In his early days Beatty had a reputation for treating his female co-stars terribly, especially if they would not have sex with him.

10. sherman march

sherman march Members

I read that Beatty originally wanted Dennis Hopper to play the role that eventually went to Michael J. Pollard. Problem was Hopper wanted to play the role the way he wanted instead of the way the director wanted which led to Hopper being replaced by Pollard, who was a contract player at Warner bros. which meant they paid him a weekly salary and he had to be in whatever picture the studio told him to.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The final scene of Bonnie & Clyde (1967)