Bonnaroo (mereged)

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by hippieatheart, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

anybody know any information about bonnaroo '07? me and my friends really wanna go next year, because this past summer we were at the beach the time bonnaroo was going on. if anyone can give me any information on next years bonnaroo i will be really happy :p

2. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

According to their site, they haven't released any info on Bonnaroo 07 yet.

3. hippieatheart

yeah i know.. i was on the website last night :(
    i wish they would post something up soon! cause i need to know the dates and everything.. but other than that i'm REAL excited to be going!

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

they usually don't post info until spring. only thing you'll find on the site till then is info on 06 artists, and new products/CDs coming out.

sorry ya missed it 06 was a blast.... though i did miss a lotta bands i wanted to see.
    but i have some advise, keep the schedule with you at ALL times. and don't get so dosed that you forget how to get from point a to point b and you miss the bands you came to see.....

5. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Also, be prepared to go through a road block and wait in a 5 - 24 hour line.

6. Willy_Wonka_27

yeah^^^^

i waited in line for 4 hours, went through the road block, then asked the cops where i was supposed to be going, i got no answer and started following the guy in front of my.

well the guy in front of me had no clue too, so i had to make a u-turn and wait in line another 3 hours before i got to the gas station outside of the bonnaroo campsite, and it was taped off so i couldn't pull in, i had NO gas and was about to stall. i had my friend jump out of my car and fill up my 3 liter bottle of soda with gas.

also just as a warning, there is a bong and pipe stand outside of the bonnaroo grounds. if you decide to buy there, make sure you hide whatever you buy. when you get in the gates they make you get out of your car and they search it!!!
    they found the bong my friend just bought 5mins ago and confiscated it, claiming no glass allowed.

7. hippieatheart

damnn.. bonnaroo sounds so fun.. when i didn't hear about the roadblock lol.. now it seems like i'll be waiting for a LONG time.. and i'm not patient at all .lol. thanks for the tip ahead of time guys!

8. Willy_Wonka_27

bonnaroo is the festie of the year... ima be there in 07

9. hippieatheart

duh me too.. i'm gonna try to go.. and just smoke during the 3-4 hour wait lol. maybe i'll see ya there!

10. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Save your buying stuff for inside anyway - there's tons of artists and glassblowers and such all over the place who need business! Plus, it's on the right side of the road block! I went to the first and third Roos and never had trouble. But I'm always hella early for stuff like that (in fact, the first year we rolled in the back door the night before with a van and two dogs, no ticket and never left ;)) You gotta figure though, that every year security will get a little tighter and the whole festie will get a little less cool. To be honest, I'm still trying to decide about next year's roo. We'll just have to see what artists commit...:)

11. hippieatheart

lol thats an awesome story.. about how you snuck through the back door

12. Willy_Wonka_27

wikipedia has a short list of rumored artists...
    don't believe that list. they are ALL rumors....

13. hippieatheart

niiice.. thanks for that info!

14. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

bonnaroos lineup gets worse every year. I guess i speak of all the jazz/funk/jam/electronic jam/world music fans out there cuz bonnaroo gets more "mainstream" every year. I looked at the lineup for 06 and i remember radiohead and like 2 or 3 other bands were the only ones i was interested in seing. compared to about 30 the year before that. 10 thousand lakes (minnesota) usually is the best fest of the summer in my opinion. I live in kansas, so wakarusa fest is practically in my backyard and i am a annual attendee to that. Lots of fuzz this year which was dissapointing but fortuneately for me i wasnt busted. I feel bad for those who did however bc that is not that wakarusa we have known. apparentyl they were renting security equipment as a way to maybe purchase some of the equipment for the local authorities. Well, after a good long weekend full of arrests, they decided not to buy the equipment so it should be a little less for wakarusa 07 thank god. (KILLER lineup for waka06 tho seriously awesome awesome lineup) but 10k lakes ALWAYS has a great lineup. (For me, the lineup is all that matters cuz im going to the fests for the music, and everything else comes second).

Im sure you will have a blast at bonnaroo 07, but it is the biggest fest of the year so def be prepared for a lot of gay bullshit that comes along with that. (waiting and security) but just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NEVER LEAVE THE STAGE. just see as much music as you can, youll leave happy i promise. Sometimes i feel like people just go to bonnaroo to camp out with everyone and they dont even mind missing a lot of the shows. When i see people sitting around i tell them to head to the stage cuz there missin a good show lol.

15. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

BTW Frieden, thats a nice pic of Mr. Xavier Rudd there, he is so bad ass. :)

16. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

17. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Yeah, he basically rocks my socks :)

18. RIPBradleyNowell

RIPBradleyNowell Member

I went to Bonnaroo '05 and was really impressed. All the people there are really laid back and everybody's smoking, which is nice. The music is amazing, although I do agree with jacobfredjo's comment that the '06 lineup was lacking. Although I definitely recommend the festival, it is getting more popular which means security will go up and more people will start coming just because it's the place to be. So look out for that, hopefully you can get a chance to go before it changes. Anyway, just wanted to put in my two cents.

19. EarthyGirl1985

EarthyGirl1985 Member

I would really like to go in 07. It would be my first time going and it would be something awesome for my hubby and me to do.

20. Joey935

Joey935 Member

That's strange about some people having trouble going thru security and waiting 4-24 hrs to get in. It took me about 45-60mins to get in and when I got to the checkpoint, they asked me if I had been drinking, I replied no sir; and they looked at me strangely and said, "why the hell not son?, this here is private property, go on through." I didn't bring any thing illegal, becuz it's like a fucking drug super shopping mall. The cid flowed like rivers, anything illicit you want, you can purchase inside the festival grounds. It was my first year at roo so I made a few mistakes like I arrived there a little late - I had to walk almost 2 miles from my tent to centeroo. I'll probably go next year depending on the lineup, fucking Les Claypool was awesome I got to meet him and get a drumhead autograph. Factors that I will be more prepared for next year is the heat(bring a few cases of water), the walking distance, and a way to cleanse myself: they had freezing cold showers for $10 a pop. Hell, I'll probably tow an RV this time... All in all good times.:jester:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.