bonaroo.. who's been?

Discussion in 'Gig List' started by prissbaby, May 15, 2008.

1. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I'm going this year.. for my first time, anyythingg I should know before I go? I'm bringing a camper and I don't really know the 'general rules' like what I'm allowed to bring or what is available to purchase thereeeee. or what kind of crowd it is? lol I duno pretty much anything anyone could tell me I would apppppppreciate :D

2. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

i wish someone would reply :leaving:

3. emtfire

emtfire Member

4. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

Very helpful -- thank you

5. Ignatius2008

Ignatius2008 Member

Yeah, I went last year for the first time, and I read that forum for months before going, and I felt like I knew everything to bring and what not to bring, and what to expect. Reading the forums made me prepared, and I think it helped me get the most out of the experience.

There are several guides there with checklists of things to bring and things to do regarding campsites, bathing, hydration, etc. Having plenty of water with you at all times is vital. The heat all day, even in the shade, can be brutal.

For a brief respite from the heat, go to a show in the tents, like the jazz tent or the comedy tent. The best one was the Apple Computer tent -- it has several window A/C units going full blast and several comfortable bean bag chairs. Great place to go in the middle of the day and veg for a while.

Also, you can get wet under the giant mushroom to cool down. It's also a great place to meet other people and laugh.