Body hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by liberalryan, Apr 4, 2012.

1. liberalryan

liberalryan Guest

What do you shave? What do you keep hairy? Why?

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Im all nah tur al baby

3. cass_jenner

cass_jenner Member

Well I am a guy, and thankfully not super hairy so don't shave anything apart from my face.
    My wife shaves legs all the time, trims the muff and shaves armpits only in summer.

4. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I am a male, age 24, and I shave my face. I tried shaving my nether-regions once since "everyone was doing it" and it was incredibly uncomfortable. I definitely disliked the way it felt in every way. But I shave my face since I can only grow a patchy-type beard that is black so it shows where certain spots are thinner than others easily. Basically- it looks bad to me.

Deejay88 and Dude111 like this.
  5. DMFP

DMFP Member

Hmmm, I am a guy so shave my face - bad for skin so defo do not do every day.

Have shaved my 'bits' but, must admit, was a tad traumatic and now prefer to use depilatory cream/foam 'down there' now - fine so long as do not go over the prescribed time limits.

Have hairy chest and would not wish to shave or alter that in any way.:)

6. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I guess I should have specified: I do not shave my chest hair because I don't have any. I never developed a single androgenous hair on my chest. It must be hereditary somehow since my father and his one brother share this trait, but have very thick facial hair. Some random gene mutation I suppose.

I am of English, Irish, and very minor German Jewish descent, so those people are known to be pretty hairy on average, so I imagine it is just a 'fluke' gene.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I wax eyebrows and maintain with tweezers, trim armpit hair based on the smuggling hamsters look, and will shave for ultra special occasions in the straight world where the illusion that I am normal is needed ( ie, family weddings if I'm in the wedding party).
    Everything else just grows.

8. HarajukuGoober

HarajukuGoober Guest

everything but my face and elbows. lol.

9. Quirk

Quirk Member

Legs and armpits (damn things grow so fast), eyebrows get waxed once every two months, tweezers to keep up with it until then.

I'm young and not planning on showing my hoo-ha off so I don't shave...down there, but I was planning on going over my bikini line a bit, it'd make me feel more confident.

And nobody would know (⌐■◡■)

10. jill8

jill8 Member

All gone except for brows and lashes.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'd like to see the why part of the OP answered.

For me, I actually like fuzz 99 percent of the time. But I like the "cared for" face that keeping eyebrows tidy creates. I work with the public, and deal with expectations. What shows gets maintained.

I'd never shave the kitty. Ever.

12. tahoe

tahoe Member

I shave the sac, pubes, rear, stomach and back. I trim everything else to make things look uniform. I'm much more comfortable this way.

13. River 1509

River 1509 Member

Everything keep hairy, man. Everything.

14. FlowersAreFriendly

FlowersAreFriendly Member

I dont bother to shave legs as much in winter haha (still have my winter coat on at the mo) haha

15. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Im your typical hairy hippy

16. Crysee

Crysee Member

Depends. I don't shave my legs. I trim the pussy and I'm deciding whether or not to shave my armpits. The armpit hair makes me stink more, and since I use natural deodorant I smell terrible real fast...

17. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Well I don't shave anything most of the time. With all the hair I've got it'd be insane trying to shave it all off. My woman likes me hairy anyway so that's a bonus. As to the why I feel as though if we weren't meant to have body hair we wouldn't have it. Might as well let it be.

18. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

balls, pubes, and face

19. sadie_hippie

sadie_hippie Member

Great thought. Shaving is a social custom not how we are naturally. Being my hippie self I would love to be natural but doesn't always please all men. Plus I work in the corporate world so I'd have to wear longer skirts (hate pants!) to hide my legs :) There are times I do enjoy feeling the smoothness but I'm not obsessive about it like how some folks are.

When it comes to men I love them natural. If they are hairy that's sexy to me. He seems more of a manly man with things just how it was meant to be.

I don't know how some of these guys shave so many parts of their bodies! Shaving is a lot of work for women not sure how men have the patients for it.

20. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I shave my face when I mess up on trimming my beard. So maybe every few months. I glad my wife likes my beard cuz I'm to lazy to shave all the time.