Bob Marley died May 11th, 1981

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by biker49, May 10, 2007.

1. biker49

biker49 Member

Which is tomorrow. So, I don't know about you, but I hope you will join me and light up at least one joint in memory of this amazing, greatly missed man.

2. xxwhoadang

xxwhoadang Member

i have to say,
    he's my favorite person in the world
    besides my mom
    just because he knew what respect and love were
    i wish i could have met that man

3. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

what a man.

rip

4. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

On a similar topic...

Bob Marleys Birthday was February 6, 1945

Im soooo sick of people saying 420 is bob marleys birthday.

5. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

This thread can rot like bob

6. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I really wonder why you would say something like this. In all honesty, there is NO reason to chime in with your negative view point. Of course, every human being has the right to say whats on their mind so long as it isnt purposely and directly offending another person, and Bob Marley is dead so its not like he cares, but in expressing my own opinion, may I please ask WHY you felt the need to say this? He wasnt exaclty my favorite musician or person in the world either, in fact I find his music to be rather dull, lyrically it is powerful but reggae never hit my soul like underground hip hop or blues or jazz, but am curious to find out why you feel the need to spread such negativitey?
    Its not a big deal, I just feel sorry for you that this is how you speak on behalf of a man who did nothing but try to change the negative energy of the beahviour of people into positive energy, so that we could all accept each other for our differances. His music, I agree, not that special. But his intentions and level of spirituality, no matter how rediculous I find his religion to be in terms of the authority in its teaching, can not be denied. He was a true lover of people, even those such as yourself who speak unkindly of others, and that means a whole lot to the remaining hopeful persons alive today.

7. J311Mann

J311Mann Member

dj that was the worst thing i have heard all day... hopefully the worst thing i see all week... way to go krsna stick up for the man.

8. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

meh, I like some of bob's tunes. But I do get tired of people who always put him on a cloud just becuase of his association with weed.

9. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

^ Not because of his association of weed entirely.

I like the man for what he stood for.

10. Krsna Bhakti

J3Mann, thank you for acknowledging and appreciating my comment. Like I said, I am not fan, almost at all, but I do definitley respect what he tried to do for people, and he did really exceed in helping others deal with hard times by connecting through his music, and that is beautiful to me.
    And TheShow, I completley understand where your coming from, it can be a little annoying when some people dont understand what Marley stood for and only associate with him because he smoked, but we have to admit, he was and still is a HUGE positive influence on a lot of people.

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

file this under the noobtube

12. Krsna Bhakti

Nevermind.

13. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

it's a joke

14. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

hey that's exactly 1 month after my birthday

15. I guess I'll have to pop in some Marley while I toke tonight then. :)

I don't glorify him because of his weed association, but rather the ability his music has to lift me up when I'm feeling hopeless, and like there's no love or compassion left in the world. Not only do his words remind me that human beings do have the capacity for lovingkindness, but it encourages me to look within myself for the light I know is there, and to share it with others to let them know also that there is indeed good left in the world.

Any individual who promotes peace and love and actually walks the walk is more than worthy of respect and commemoration.

Let's not just get ripped in memory of Bob, but let's start spreading the unconditional love and compassion to all of our brothers and sisters like the man spent his life not only promoting, but demonstrating as well.

Rest in Peace

16. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

he got good tunes, but yeah theres alot of other great peoples birthdays that arent bothered for because they dont smoke weed

17. It drives me nuts when the only thing people associate Bob with is marijuana.. holy shit folks.. open you're eyes.. he did a lot more in this world than just puff on a spliff

18. xxwhoadang

xxwhoadang Member

that is soooo what i think all the time
    i hate people who are just like, oh you like bob marley cuz he smoked weed...

no. if you look at who he really was, he was not only weed.

19. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

QFT!

20. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I did not know that today was the annaversary of Bob's death and I thought it was a relevant peice of information I'm glad I know now. Please don't just say that you don't like a thread, but next time tell us why this thread should 'die.'