Bob Barker wants to move Elephants from Zoo to Zoo.

Discussion in 'Endangered Species and Ecosystems' started by willedwill, Apr 16, 2011.

1. willedwill

willedwill Member

Specifically he came up to the Toronto Zoo and asked for the transfer of the animals to San Diego for reasons that it's too cold up here. Actually we just need a referendum over the whole subject at the next city elections. WOuldn;t that make sense. There should be two questions put forward.

(a) should the cause of promoting animals in zoos be a problem of human rights or animal rights? Therefore, how are the difficulties of Life in Canada to be true to the survival of the species.

(b) is Bob Barker an atheist? as far as the third question is sconcerned: even an atheist could decide that the local town people are for the suffering of animals. San Diego is where the vote goes for the right time of kindness.

(c) should all animals be transfered to one big zoo in Arizona?

2. easygoing

easygoing conservative jerk

Whether Bob is an atheist or not, is irrelevant.

If I understand the issue, it's that Bob wants to move zoo animals because of climate conditions. I'd say no, don't move them because I think the transportation process and adjusting to a new environment would be worse for the animals than a slightly uncomfortable climate. Plus, I don't see how putting all those animals in one big zoo in Arizona, would give them a better quality of life.

Bob should just stick to telling people to get their pets spayed and neutered, zoo management might be a little out of his league.

3. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

[​IMG]

He's still alive?!?

And what does moving elephants have to do with playing Plinko..

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

What strange questions you derived from this.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

why would bob barker's religious affilation have anything to do with it? Its Bob Barker, and he's awesome. Shouldn't that be enough for anybody?

7. ItchyFeet

ItchyFeet Member

I seen this on tv and it sickens me.. they are 40 they have been there almost there whole lifes keep them where they are.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always feel sorry for the polar bear in Brisbane, Australia. They don't even put up a realistic enclosure, they have it sitting in grass and sand in the tropical state.
    Fuckin' turds.

9. ItchyFeet

ItchyFeet Member

Maybe it likes the hot weather he/shes like fuck the cold, I am in paradise. I am sure the polar bears would do well in antartica.. lots of food to eat.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They could at least make the enclosure ice like for tourism benefits.
    You don't want to see a polar bear laying on the grass. You want to see them swimming and having fun, not too hot so all it does is sleep in unnatural habitat. At least could be sleeping in an igloo cave or something, even if this is all fake.

11. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Why have zoos? Yeah they are educational, but what's the difference between elephants in a zoo and people from other countries? It's educational, right? Sticking animals or people in cages for public amusement. Kinda like sticking people in gas chambers or ovens for public convenience.

12. Duck

How can you compare those two?

It doesn't even make sense on a logical level; but it's downright heartless from an emotional standpoint.

Murder =/= living in a safe albeit, unnatural simulation of your habitat.

Some species have been saved by zoos, or are only barely hanging on because of zoos. Some species have been revitalized because of captive breeding programs.

educational link

13. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

That may very well be, Duck. It is a generalized opinion on a general issue. If we add to it the details, that changes everything. Would you, as a human, want to spend your life in a small cage? If so, the state or federal prison is meant for you.

On the other hand, "living zoos", such as one I knew of in Colorado and a couple in Texas and California, different story. Environments very similar to what the animals are from. And they live in the open. That is more acceptable. Protection from the poachers is near-excellent under those conditions.

But in a cage? One which is akin to a prison cell for humans? No. What would you want? To live safely in a cell like what's at the state or federal prisons with no freedom or choice, or to live out in the woods at constant risk of predators and weather yet capable of making your own decisions and choices?

No I'm not comparing human incarceration as a form of punishment for a conviction, instead a comparison of zoos.

14. Duck

That's a much better comparison. I certainly wouldn't want to live in a cage; but I wouldn't want to live out in the wild, either.

I can certainly agree that some zoos treat animals wrongly; but I can't possibly imagine the mind of most of the species that are kept in zoos, or what their thoughts on the situation are.