Blue Lotus

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by kittysaya, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kittysaya

kittysaya Member

Is blue lotus any good? Iamshaman is having a sale on it.

2. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

It is interesting. It is a GREAT changa ingredient. Changa is an herbal smoking blend, usually infused with DMT.

Smoked by itself, I found I had to consume a good 2 joints worth (minimum) before noticing unmistakeable effects. What I got out of it was the ultimate lack of motivation. Way worse than pot. Not motivated to do anything at all other than just sit there. Not even motivated enough to smoke more Blue Lotus.

The feeling of tranquility and calm accompanied by a lack of willingness to do anything lasted well into the next day after I had quit smoking.

You ever read Homer? Remember the stuff about the land of the lotus eaters? There was way more than a grain of truth to that description.

3. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

ive used blue lotus one time. I smoked dried flowers in a bong and I must say i was very pleased with it. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The above poster has a point though to the fact that it is a sedative. My experience with the substance is different though. i had a weed like lethargy but it was infused with a buzzing of sorts, to the effect that i felt like i had pent up energy. I did not really feel all that tired, i stayed up the whole night just fine and the effects were all but gone a few hours after i smoked it. i had quit smoking weed a year or two before this encounter and i thought of using blue lotus as a weed substitute because it gave me a much clearer head high than weed did.

4. Desos

Desos Senior Member

does anyone know what the active ingredient is?

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  6. claythrow

claythrow Member

It's very mild and you have to smoke a lot of it, even then you are wondering "am I feeling someting....I'm not sure"

7. p0ly

p0ly Senior Member

It's really nice to smoke, tastes and smells lovely.

8. p0ly

p0ly Senior Member

Yeah it is like that, it made me really relaxed though.

9. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

looking forward to trying it in an herbal cigarette soon.

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

from wiki:
    wow, 5-HT1a is bound by DPT and 5-HT7 is bound by DMT. pretty interesting.

the wiki page goes on to say aporphine is also dopamine antagonist

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ive tried blue lotus extract via a tincture. The dose I was given didn't do much except perhaps the subtlest of relaxation, but I'm not confident enough in the effects to suggest it was anything beyond placebo.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

bought Nimbus cigs with Blue and White Lotus and Damiana. good, trippy.

13. porkstock41

i can't help but think that the description "trippy" is a bit of an exaggeration. have you ever tried a legitimate psychedelic?

i tried vaporizing damiana once and it gave me a pretty bad headache. told myself to never try that again.

14. Driftwood Gypsy

unfortunately i've never tried shrooms or lsd yet. i have done salvia. but my lack of experience or to get said items is a big reason i'm looking to alternative sources.

15. porkstock41

a vast array of psychedelic "research chemicals" exists. some of them are quite similar to mushrooms. check out the synthetic drugs forum on here if you want to learn more.

16. Driftwood Gypsy

BLUE LOTUS
    [​IMG]
    COMMON NAMES
    Blue Lotus; Blue Water Lily; Egyptian Lotus; Sacred Narcotic Lily of the Nile
    Nymphaea ampla: White Lotus
    Nelumbo nucifera: Sacred Lotus; Pink Lotus
    EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
    Sedative
    DESCRIPTION
    The dried flowers of certain species of Nymphaea and Nelumbo are sometimes smoked, made into a tea, or macerated in alcohol for a mild sedative effect.
    Blue Lotus is a mild relaxing herb on its own, and a wonderful relaxing potentiator for many plants and substances. It is frequently featured in smoking blends. It is very effective when mixed.
    Blue lotus mixes well with:

• Alcohol

• Cannabis

• Shesha

• Kanna

• Dagga

• Dagga & Salvia (very popular commercial combination)

• many others...
    When mixed with substantial amounts of cannabis, some claim it simply feels like smoking more cannabis. However, instead of providing a more edgy/high type of experience, it is more relaxing and calm. It is ideal for treating paranoia while high, although it will only increase the potency.
    In the Homer's Odyssey, there are lotus eaters who eat Blue Lotus. They have gone crazy, presumably from eating the plant.