blue lotus is great

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by rygoody, Sep 3, 2008.

1. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

So recently I've stumbled upon a large bag of blue lotus flowers and I really really like these flowers. I'm not a fan of opiates or sedatives at all, and I really didn't like kratom that much, but blue lotus I really like. The effect is not very strong, in terms of strength of intoxication I'd put it on par with caffeine, except the effect goes in the opposite direction of course. It just gives you a light euphoria which makes anything you do enjoyable. Kind of in the same sense of drinking a cup of coffee how you can just waste so much time flipping through internet stuff, or listening to music and be so thoroughly enjoying it for a couple hours. It's on that sort of level. Then it also does give a bit of pain relief. Gets rid of headaches really well and makes the whole body feel slightly tingly and warmer. And the best quality I like, aside from just good sensation, is it actually has a comforting quality to it. Which I don't think is just you relaxing, but rather you relax because it is making you comfortable. You know it is subtlety psychedelic from what the research says. You can lay down, listen to music, and daydream really well, it makes meditation a bit easier too. It is also probably the best sleep aid I've come across, I'd honestly drink the lotus tea over taking melatonin. Thats at 10 grams of dried leaves steeped for 5 minutes. Smoking it does give a nice buzz, but the longer lasting effect from drinking the tea is much better.

I'm definanetly gonna have lotus around whenever I trip. I think it's calming and comforting effect would mix well with any psychedellic. Or atleast be really good afterwards to help you fall asleep.

Now one question. Is blue lotus habit forming or addictive? I could very easily drink this every night. If these flowers grew around my area naturally I would definanetly be a lotus eater.

2. Kizen

Kizen Member

Blue lotus never worked for me, I tried the tea a couple of times. Tried smoking it, tried soaking it in alchol.

3. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

yesssss! another lotus fan!

i love smoking it the most. it def gives a rich relaxing mellow calm feeling.

its my alt to the ganja for sure

glad u liked it

much love

4. Kizen

Kizen Member

I think it must be my source,

tell me, is your petals/plant matter coloured blue or brown?

5. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

I just go this stuff http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/blue-lotus-p-101.html
    it looks like the picture in the top left

and how much did you steep and drink? 10 grams seemed right for me. I consumed 20 grams once, which was stronger but marginally. The effect seems to plateau somewhere around 10 for me, and I'm 125 lbs.

Which still then... the effect is not very strong. I mean this isn't a plant I'd bust out with a group of friends, unless it was an actual tea party. It's just like tea in the sense that you drink it... and it has a light effect, but improves everything you do while on it.
    It ain't a drug, it's a subtle enhancement like caffeine or nicotine. Drink a cup at the end of work to enjoy laying back and listening to an album a little more. Describing it as on the same level as caffeine, just in the opposite direction of effect I find is prolly the best way.

But I am really looking forward to mixing lotus with LSD. Cause then it'll probably feel like lotus x100, which would easily be as orgasmic as mdma.

I wanna grow the whole flowers... how cool would that be to actually eat the whole flower. It'd be sweet to, at a festival, put drops of LSD on fresh blooming lotus flowers and pass them out.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

got some smokables!

7. Driftwood Gypsy

bought Nimbus cigs with Blue and White Lotus and Damiana. good, trippy.

8. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I don't think there's enough blue lotus threads, can someone make more? :rolleyes:

9. Driftwood Gypsy

BLUE LOTUS
    [​IMG]
    COMMON NAMES
    Blue Lotus; Blue Water Lily; Egyptian Lotus; Sacred Narcotic Lily of the Nile
    Nymphaea ampla: White Lotus
    Nelumbo nucifera: Sacred Lotus; Pink Lotus
    EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
    Sedative
    DESCRIPTION
    The dried flowers of certain species of Nymphaea and Nelumbo are sometimes smoked, made into a tea, or macerated in alcohol for a mild sedative effect.
    Blue Lotus is a mild relaxing herb on its own, and a wonderful relaxing potentiator for many plants and substances. It is frequently featured in smoking blends. It is very effective when mixed.
    Blue lotus mixes well with:

• Alcohol

• Cannabis

• Shesha

• Kanna

• Dagga

• Dagga & Salvia (very popular commercial combination)

• many others...
    When mixed with substantial amounts of cannabis, some claim it simply feels like smoking more cannabis. However, instead of providing a more edgy/high type of experience, it is more relaxing and calm. It is ideal for treating paranoia while high, although it will only increase the potency.
    In the Homer's Odyssey, there are lotus eaters who eat Blue Lotus. They have gone crazy, presumably from eating the plant.