Bloody American Diplomat !!!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Oct 5, 2019.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

thank you @Mallyboppa

I can now slowly feel my confidence in international relationships returning... :D

Driftrue likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Its not an urban myth, I literally lived with these guys in Millington Tn where they trained. They were from Pakistan. The story is so old because it was a different world back then for all of us. A good friend of mine actually grew up in the area, and his own grandfather never even knew jet planes had been invented, until the mid-sixties when he saw a plane flying overhead that didn't have propellers. Millington is an airbase with nothing but a hundred miles of cotton fields around it, but Pakistan was practically still in the stone age by comparison. So, we had all these guys from the stone age, training to operate nuclear reactors we gave them in the middle of Bumfuck Egypt, so they could make atomic bombs and point them at India.

You meet some rather unusual people in the military but, yeah, I'm old and lived in Spain when Franco was still alive. They say he introduced the Spanish to toilet paper, and its not far from the truth. When I was there in the 60s, they were still living a largely medieval existence. Left Hand Frank is a good friend of mine, and he grew up around the corner from Muddy Waters, and taught himself to play guitar upside down, because he was illiterate and nobody told him it was upside down until a year or two after he started. One of my friends was literally born in a barn and another was raised in a tar shack with his 22 siblings, and until you actually live among such people its hard to appreciate just how backwards they are and how, sometimes, being backwards is better.

I'll take Left Hand Frank's company anytime over all the idiots watching 35 hours of TV every week and rambling on about how they know everything, then begging everybody they meet to save them from themselves. Get a grip people, the remote control is in your hand.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That woman is a total coward. I don't see how she can sleep comfortably at night.

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

@wooleeheron Great job changing the narrative. Masterfully done.

That's why we keep reading your posts, glimpses into the mind... revealing all.

I too was in Spain in '69 and smoked my first bowl of hash there...at the end of the railroad line in Torremolinos. Evidently it was a nice gathering spot for hippies on the trail, but I was too young yet to set off on my own being just 15.

Barcelona then was vastly different from what it is now.

5. wooleeheron

I cannot change anyone's narrative but my own. God knows I wish I could. I just put it out there and people do whatever they want with it or ignore me. Little kids call me a bot and ignore me, because they know the work I do is related to bots that can fool them easily. They don't want to share their words and play nice, but sticking your head in the sand only delays the inevitable and there can be no denying we are a social species and our words only have meaning because we give them meaning. When Franco died and Juan Carlos took temporary control, the first thing he did was to build up Barcelona as a tourist trap, knowing the country needed all the outside money they could get. He was nowhere near as nice, polite, and charismatic as Mandela, but was a shinning example of what royalty can be indispensable for and, within three years, he helped them form a democratic government that worked.

Soon, you can accuse bots of changing the narrative.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

7. wooleeheron

8. WOLF ANGEL

Far from it - If you have experienced anything anywhere near as traumatic - you would know about closure (and indeed justice!)

9. wooleeheron

In the US almost everybody demands justice, but lives to regret it in the case of the death penalty. They only think they want to watch them die, then they cannot forgive themselves. Not exactly my idea of closure.

Driftrue likes this.
  10. WOLF ANGEL

Thankfully this is the UK - No Death Penalty, due process and legal process that sees a better chance of justice

11. wooleeheron

My great grandmother was a half breed rejected by both the whites and the Cherokee. Both the Vietnamese and the US refused to claim the half breed children born during the war. An eye for an eye just leaves everybody blind, when all many of us want is peace on earth.

As for myself, I was brain damaged at three years old, and treated like a pariah by my entire culture, for being different. All the experience has taught me is that people suck.

12. WOLF ANGEL

I can sympathise with the mistreatments and prejudices of the peoples across the pond; having first hand experience, along with your medical difficulties.
    A Brain damaged is an organ often confused and unfocused, with only an emotional outlet in which to express.
    The historical record of the US is quite different to that, of this (UK) Country.
    We don't want a lynch mob, we want fair justice and accountability.
    As someone who has seen and been in situations of horrific trauma, Closure is an important part of the grieving process - and to what end that closure is, - down to the aggrieved victim/family's requirement.

13. wooleeheron

I found my closure, when I mastered the Tao Te Ching and mother nature revealed herself to me. She offers you fame and fortune and, if you turn her down, she gives you chores to do to pay your karma. She insisted that I keep writing the book that I already intended to keep writing. The only objection I have is she insisted I teach my philosophy, but I can't teach people bullshit! Socrates refused all payment for teaching, insisting he could not teach anyone anything, and I have to agree.

14. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Is the driver of the car a CIA agent?

15. WOLF ANGEL

Of course - anyway back to the thread.
    I believe it won't be long now before she does return, for a PR interaction, slap on the wrist and wave of farewell

16. WOLF ANGEL

- Caught - In the - Act ?

17. wooleeheron

LOL, I wouldn't hold my breath. Donald Duck is a great example of just how trusting Americans are of any government. They will promise you this, that, and the other thing, then clap you in irons. She is not a diplomat's wife for nothing.

18. WOLF ANGEL

….. for now

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

harry-dunns-parents-reject-trump-offer

This is in no way meant to turn this into something about Donald Trump, but I will say that I think that they were blindsided. I guess ambushed sums it up.

20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Trump had all the news channels and cameras ready to make it a triumphal meeting with himself holding 'centre stage' - a despicable publicity stunt, - but then knowing what Trump is a like I'm not surprised. Kudos goes to the Dunns, and their legal representaive for trashing Trump's publicity stunt !!!

soulcompromise likes this.