Blind Melon Rocks!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Dark Star, May 10, 2004.

1. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

i only heard a few songs from them in the past but never really got into them but now...holy crap...they are like completely awsome...i cant think of one song they didnt rock on...i love them ah

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

ya, it's too bad shannon noon killed himself.

3. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

now was he the lead singer?

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, his voice will live on forever in his music

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

dang..i thought it was just one of his friends or one of the other band members...cuz he talks about not being able to say goodbye to someone in a few of his songs but thats crazy. yea he was really an awsome singer. they were such an awsome band :) really

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, i think he died around the same time as kurt cobain. it was a long time ago

7. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

First of all, yes, Blind Melon is definitely amazing.

But I think I should mention that the singer's name is Shannon Hoon, not Shannon Noon...

And also, he did not commit suicide; he overdosed on cocaine in October, 1995.

Get the facts straight.

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

uh, if he took too much cocaine into his body, then his actions caused his death...thus he killed himself. intention or no

i like singing along to melon, cause the words slur together so much in places that i can make up my own words and noone knows the difference. LOL see, if i was singing along to melon and said noon instead of hoon, you wouldnt have noticed

9. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I guess all the people that crash their cars commit suicide too, right?

10. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

damn rock stars, all the good ones kill themselves

11. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Yeah, Blind Melon's excelent. I got a version of Steppenwolf's "The Pusher" covered by Blind Melon, and it's awsome.

12. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hey, you're the one who keeps saying commited suicide
    i've been saying that he killed himself

there's a difference in intent between the two phrases

people accidently kill themselves all the time. it's hard to accidently commit suicide

with a death caused by a drug overdose, it's hard to know intent if there was no note (was there a note? i'm not that big of a blind melon fan to know all the details)

13. sitareric

sitareric Banned

that mouthful of cavities song rocks.... Mouthful of cavities...and your souls a bowl of jokes...

14. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

It's common knowledge that to commit suicide is synonymous with "kill yourself".

Suicide: The act or an instance of intentionally killing oneself.

When people kill themselves/commit suicide, they know exactly what they are doing; whether it's slitting your wrists, or when it comes to drugs, going over a limit that you know is far too gone.

When people get killed doing dangerous activities they know are dangerous, such as drugs, they might not know their limit, what they're doing, they may underestimate, and go a bit too far over the edge; therefore an unintended accident occurs.

Kurt Cobain: Suicide.
    Shannon Hoon: Unintentional overdose.

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

Kurt Cobain didnt commit suicide. it's a conspiracy

16. SunFree

SunFree Member

It's so sad - his poor dalmatian, Lou-Dog, found him after he died, and by the time people found him, he was still just laying right next to him :( .

17. xZx

xZx Member

Wow! Melon heads! i thought i was the only one! yay! :D

18. earthmuffin

earthmuffin Member

more melon-heads, how fantastic! :) I love BM myself, i'd have to say one of my favorite songs is 3 is a magic number...the school house rocks! cover, hehe. That and paperscratcher...but they're all awesome. RIP R. Shannon Hoon.:(

19. earthmuffin

earthmuffin Member

actually, that was actually brad nowell (from sublime) and his dog lou-dog. sorry...just thought i'd add that in. :)

20. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Hmmm some of them. Your getting really defensive, everyone has their own opinion. Technically, the guy DID kill himself since he snorted too much cocaine, since he was the one that did it.