Bladder Infection Because of Sex

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Peasento, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Peasento

Peasento Member

OK, Here's what's going on:

I lost my virginity about a week and a half ago and have had sex a couple times since then, the last time being late this last Saturday. Well, long story short, I started needing to pee quite frequently and it burning when I did go, and blah blah blah, I most def have a bladder infection. I've read that it's rather common for women to get bladder infections from sex because of all the movement down there, the moving around of bodily fluids and bacteria and the fact that your urethra is so close to your vagina and anus. Cute stuff like that. I know FOR SURE it's not an STD, so I'm not worried about that at all, but here's the deal...

Both of my parents are extremely Christian, and I know they are suspicious already of the guy that I'm dating, suspicious that I might be having sex with him. And my mother lost her virginity by being raped, and she apparently developed a horrible bladder infection afterward. I don't particularly want to hand the facts to her on a silver platter and her to put two and two together.
    "Hmm, my daughter's got a bladder infection, I think she's having sex, and I got a bladder infection after I had sex for the first time. She's definately sexually active."

So here's my question...
    For me to get rid of this thing, do I NEED to go get antibiotics from a doctor, or will I be OK just letting my body take care of it naturally and just putting up with a little bit of discomfort for a while? I don't really want it to spread to my kidneys and it getting serious. Are there any things that I can take or drink or eat that can help my body kick this infection? I've been drinking loads of cranberry juice (I've heard that can help) and water and I've been taking vitamins and whatnot.
    I basically want to know if I can effectively get rid of the infection without have to put antibiotics in my body and giving my mom a foothold into what I'm doing, because I don't think that I'm doing anything morally wrong at all. He's 17, I'm 16, we both love each other and have a good relationship, and I was ready.

I know plenty of you are probably thinking it, too, but I would appreciate if I didn't get any replies saying, "You shouldn't hide things from your parents! You need to tell them the truth!"

So that's pretty much all I have to say. I just really really need some advice, tips, opinions from you guys. Anything and everything you want, if you think it can help me, please say it. Thank all you so much. Right now I'm not very worried at all, just a little miffed that I have to deal with this, but I want to know if I should actually be worried and taking a more proactive solution.

Love you guys. :)

2. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Ugh...bladder infections are the worst fucking things in the world.

Yeah, it's definitely from the sex. I used to get them a lot, too. They're so uncomfortable and make you have to pee constantly. It drove me nuts. I just had to wait my last one out. I haven't gotten any in a while because what you need to do is...right after you have sex, go take a piss. I know, I know...you want to cuddle and all that. But seriously, if you're prone to an infection, you need to pee right after so that you push any bacteria out of you. Also, make sure when you wipe yourself, you wipe front to back so you're not taking any bacteria from your ass into your urethra (pretty stuff, huh? lol).

I can't really tell you how to get RID of it if you don't want antibiotics...other than time. It'll go away eventually, most likely. If it lasts way too long, I'd see a doctor though. Just remember that after this one is done, to do as I said after having sex...it really does help.

3. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Go see a doctor.

Get antibiotics. Take them as directed.

And in future, piddle right after sex. That will help you in not having it reoccur.

4. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

Go to your doc - she/he can't mention anything to your folks, what is said between doc and you is kept absolutely confidential.
    It sounds like cystitis but I'm not qualified so don't take my word for it!
    Cranberry juice is great, plenty of water to flush your bladder and parsley tea can help to cleanse infections out of the bladder. You can also get tablets for cystitis at your chemist/pharmacy but the best thing would be to see your doc who can advise you on what to do :)

5. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

Bladder infections don't just come from sex... I got my first one when I was 3 or 4 just at random. Dehydration also does it to me. It would really be best to go get it checked out and cleaned up because, although it's kind of rare, it can spread up to the kidneys if left untreated (happened to me before... not fun). Just tell your mom that you've been dehydrated lately.. or something.

And drink lots of water. It will burn like all hell but it'll help clear it out.

6. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

If it's just a mild infection, you can tread it with drinking loads of water and cranberry juice. There are also some herbs that cleanse the urinary trackt, but I don't know their english name. But if it doesn't get better, you have to see a doc!

7. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

like someone already mentioned, urinate right after sex from now on. It'll help prevent them in the future (at least the ones that originate from sex).

if it's a bad one, I'd go to a doctor. They can give you the best info on what you should be doing. if it's just a mild one, cranberry juice should chase it away. I'd be leery of antibiotics, I'd look into another doctor-recommended cure if possible. Antibiotics can trigger a yeast infection in many women, and one right after a bladder infection would be hell

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

You can also get them from heavily perfumed soaps and not wiping properly (front to back) Not just from sex, and hopefully your parents are better than that.

If you ignore it, it can get into your kindeys and cause serious problems.

9. TheStoon

TheStoon Member

It would be a bit of a stretch for your mum to automatically assume bladder infection = had sex... i've got a friends whos young daughter has a bladder infection, and it certainly hasn't come from sex, shes just a toddler.

But, even if you do go see the doctor, he cannot in anyway let your parents know what it was about without your permission, so do that - best safe than sorry, cos as daisymae says, it can lead to all sorts of kidney problems, even in the worst case dialysis.

Good luck... :)