Black Seeds don't go f yourselves

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by FrozenMoonbeam, Jan 17, 2005.

1. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

streess in the chapel! the Black Seeds have new members so they are up and running again AND they are having a summer tour AND they are playing otago in o week AND they are releasing So True and Coming Back Home as videos. hooray!

2. Alltaken

Alltaken Member

3. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

awww. can't help it if i love them unconditionally :)

4. Megara

Megara Banned

i downloaded a bunch of their songs, they're actually really good..

now i have to ask a question, i've been cracking up since i read this description..

"Formed in 1998, The Black Seeds quickly developed a reputation as the capital's ultimate good groove band, setting local joints jumping with their irie grooves and smooth skanking moves. A seven (or sometimes more) piece group, The Black Seeds produce a uniquely Pacifican blend of soul, funk, reggae and dub sounds that have set dancefloors alight and crowds a-skanking all over Aotearoa, and cemented the band's position as one of the country's leading live outfits. ..."

there is something beautiful about 'a-skanking.' Now, you guys use skank as a trashy ho too, right? Thats great if so :p

5. Alltaken

Alltaken Member

i have no idea of the context it is used in there.

a skank here is like a ho, or a bearch, or a slapper.

but skanking moves and a-skanking i dunno.

Alltaken

6. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

well in that context isn't it sort of like grooving/dancing to the beat? It's what katchafire sing about in the song Skankin.

7. Megara

Megara Banned

yeah, thats what i figured it was :p

8. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

yeah there's some kind of dance move associated with "skank" or "to skank" but I think its just like groooooovin'.

9. Binky

Binky Member

My sisters going to be in one of the video clips - don’t know when but that’s what she told me (my mums b/f's steep daughter asked her.....lol sounds like something off jerry Springer)

Side note: hey Taylor are you a member of Deviantart? your icon is used for the new zealand club there too http://aotearoa.deviantart.com/

10. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

coolness. They are releasing the vid for So True soon - maybe it's that? I love that song - it's so sweetly romantic without being cheese.

11. Alltaken

Alltaken Member

cheese and crackers. arr such a beautiful combination of harmoneous love and all that mushy stuff like creamed cheese, thats very mushy, also humus is mushy. infact its mushed up chick peas. like chicks (hot girls) but really small and mushed up with such flavours as roasted capsicum, and sun dried tomato.

Doug

12. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

I can't eat hummus anymore since israel. *sigh* such a pity.

13. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol....
    hey more o week stress - coz i gotta vent - the SHINS and aft freddys and the violent femmes are among this years goodness...oh yeah :)