Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter? Which one would YOU argue?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Just wondering, when I’m driving with my friends, sometimes on other cars I’ll see like “Black Lives Matter” bumper stickers or signs on other peoples cars? If you could change it for something that could apply to everybody, shouldn’t it be more likely or more politically correct to just use “All Lives Matter”? That way noones left out and everybody has some role to play? What’s your argument? Would you keep it “Black Lives Matter” or change it to “All Lives Matter”??

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If you don't like seeing "Black Lives Matter" you obviously don't understand what it means. Get some education.

Eric! and Dude111 like this.
  3. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Question wasn’t about how I feel about it? Question was for YOUR Opinion? What would you prefer it as? Keep it Black Lives Matter or what would you change it if you would change it to something else?

Toker likes this.
  4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I am an adocate of ALL LIVES MATTER.
    I, like a lot of people queried the colour BLACK in the title of headlines and Car stickers, and thought that it sent the wrong message out to the general populas and gave an excuse to those of bigotted valuess and views an opportunity to critise and deride the sentiment
    However,
    I had and took an opportunity to speak with a few friends of colour to discuss the subject.
    Within our interaction, I gained a greater understanding of the backgroud and depth of the meaning.
    Although I had a degree of understanding I would; by way of not being such, know exactly how it feels
    Whilst I think "NO ROOM FOR RACISM" may be a better slogan to use, I would defer to those to whom it affects to make their favoured wording of their message - that being, of and that
    BLACK LIVES MATTER

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I think ALL LIVES MATTER

6. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

All life matters, people, animals ,even fish, we should respect all of it. When the word racist is mentioned, why do people immediately think of white people ? I’ve heard racist comments come out of people of all colours, I often get insulted by Pakistanis in the street because I wear tilaka, I know some Chinese people who hate black people, I’ve heard Jamaicans insulting Africans , and the beat goes on, so it’s not just white people who need to work on their dharma.

scratcho likes this.
  7. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Seeing and reading the odd post of yours Ty, I think it is YOU who needs to get some education.

In respect of the question.

Seeing BLACK Lives Matter plastered in far too many situations is one thing.
    But to balance that.
    Let’s have WHITE Lives matter.
    ALL colours Lives Matter.
    As Dude says, ALL lives matter.

And Nooka has a point.
    ALL Life Matters!

NookaTheNook likes this.
  8. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

For me this sums it up

[​IMG]

9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Would be nice if they could spell properly - what's a ras ???

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  10. Captain Scarlet

True lol

I think its from South Africa . They spell things a little differently over there

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Possibly the most egregious example of 'what-about-ism'; that's simply "White-washing" the whole point of 'Black Lives Matter'; in America, they don't.
    Blacks are 3 times more likely to be shot by police than whites, and are 3 times more likely than Whites to be unarmed at the time. Blacks are 5 times more likely than Whites to be arrested; in 250 jurisdictions, black people are 10 times more likely to be arrested than Whites. Black people make up just over 13% of the United States population, but 34% of the prisoners in our penal system, and 55% of those on Death Row.
    Insipid bleats of "all lives matter" is just a way to dilute, downplay, and ultimately discount that uncomfortable fact.

legs.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Eric!, MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. Captain Scarlet

We all dont live in America :)

wrat1 likes this.
  13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This is being presented as an either or situation.
    Either I must choose black lives or all lives. The question has been set up so that if you choose “Black Lives Matter”, then obviously you don't accept “All Lives Matter”; and vice versa.

An example of an either or type of false dilemma. (I must subscribe to either one or the other but not both.)
    So some would have us think that if I chose “Black Lives Matter” then I don't think that “White Lives Matter” as “Black Lives Matter” excludes white lives (and red and yellow lives). Many use this ploy to turn a statement that is meant to highlight the fact that many blacks have been and are being discriminated agaisnt, into their own form of racism by claiming that anyone who supports the statement “Black Lives Matter” obviously doesn't think that any other lives matter.

A typical example of how something that is mean to advance our understanding of a subject is weaponized by those who choose division over unity.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

15. Tyrsonswood

Ummmm........ No, No I don't.

Eric! and Tishomingo like this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

17. Tyrsonswood

While this is true, some people think they are more equal than others... Other people are just trying to reach for the right to be equal.

Eric! and Vladimir Illich like this.
  18. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

When a broken taillight can result in your violent death, that's clearly an aspiration, not a reality.

Eric! and Tyrsonswood like this.
  19. Captain Scarlet

The title of that template incidentally is below as you seem to be picking holes in it.
    For me its just more of what some of us want to achieve . And for avoidance of doubt my sister in law is of Jamaican extraction which kind of confirms my own stance on this matter.
    "We are all born equal. all black lives matter social template vector"

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

In this context (see original post), it's a particularly vapid response which blithely ignores the inherent societal racism which people of color experience in their daily lives.

Eric! and scratcho like this.