Black History Month

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like Mrs. Obamas's portrait a lot

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No more "racist' than anyone else at the time. You have to look at historical figures though the lens of the time. It was just how it was black people serve you. Black people are not the same as white people they don't have the same brain so it's like a barn animal. A cow does not need a man's rights and the cow does not care. He was more interested in preventing war than any black rights though. It annoys me when people say the Civil War was about slavery. As if people died for moral reasons. No slavery threatened the union big difference.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, it was about states rights. The right to own humans to use as machinery to enrich the owners. What OTHER rights were they fighting for?

Meliai likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wanna see a daylights savings fight, and the whole country get involved. I'll be fighting for the no daylight savings side. :) fucken scumbags daylight savings folks, get outta ere.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

You'd think it was public knowledge. But gubberment public schools teach K-12 kids that (dis)honest Abe was the MLK of yesteryear.

Look at the knuckle beneath his pinky; WTF is that?

[​IMG]

I personally wish he would've unveiled this beauty as his presidential portrait. It captures his excellency so much better than those wimpy wallflowers.

[​IMG]

Had he only gone this direction, I'd've taken back half the bad things I've said about him over the years.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The mark of a bad artist.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So you admire power and violence. Tell us more.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No worries, man! I don't think anyone lost any sleep over it. But good you acknowledge a lot of the stuff you proclaimed about him was bad :-D

9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Indeed. Read up on that peculiar Maryland border to understand some of the misdeeds and bribery of that time. Lincoln was also inclined to toss any reporters he didn't like onto offshore prison ships. He also had many of them deported. It's also rumored that he had a basement room modified into an interrogation torture chamber (the Clinton's had it remodeled into a bondage dungeon in the 90s).

One of Lincoln's more dastardly cons was "freeing" the slaves in the southern states, even though he was virtually powerless to do so. AND he didn't do this for the slaves in the northern states. He wasn't thinking of the welfare of the slaves, he wanted to cause a slave revolt to distract the confederacy and soften them up for conquest. Had Lincoln survived, it's likely he would have pushed the slaves into Mexico or sold them to Caribbean sugar plantations.

Lincoln was never their "friend".

10. GeorgeJetStoned

Indeed, a show of strength is a powerful image. Wouldn't you rather see this version of Tubman on a 20?
    [​IMG]

11. scratcho

/////////////'/////////

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Asmodean likes this.
  12. GeorgeJetStoned

Ok, LOL @ "NOW". Get in touch with yourself and do your own research. By all means debunk me, but do it with facts, not silly demands.

13. scratcho

You can see my answer on your site. If you want it here--I'll put it here.

And by the way--I gave you a reference book to read , if you were interested in Lincoln---A Team of Rivals, by Doris Kearns Goodwin.

14. Asmodean

Lets forget the demanding NOW and just tell us on what you based your insights, if you can be bothered (in your own time of course :)). Thanks in advance.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  15. scratcho

///////////////////.

16. 6-eyed shaman

To be fair though, human hands can be one of the toughest pieces of anatomy to draw correctly. But most professional artists should have it mastered.

Seriously? If you think that picture depicts power and violence, then you're a pearl-clutching schoolmarm who would find a movie higher than a PG-rating too edgy. It's merely an ex-president with a lion, a crossbow, and a light saber :tearsofjoy:.

Aside from being a professional offense taker, what do you like to do for fun?

Noserider and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  17. 6-eyed shaman

Ironically, the artist Obama hired to do the job has a history of painting interracial murdering and beheading.

[​IMG]

He has a right to select whichever artist he pleases to do the job. But can you imagine the media fury and outrage if Trump hired an artist who designed Confederate monuments?

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

19. Black HISTORY month? Why not Black FUTURE month? Not implying "Black future!" is a new thing. I hate having skin color. Such a hang up.

20. Asmodean

It maybe a fantasy portrayal, but it shows the same ludicrous posture we see in photos of Putin (barechest on a horse for example), which is hilariously exaggerated in various photoshopped pics and memes. And clearly is about trying to look extra powerful. Silly or not.
    I think Okie came from that POV. Not sure if he's offended. Likely another projection from your side. Because for the neutral forummer who follows both your posts on topics like this it seems a remark about getting paid to be repetitive on something petty fits you far better.
    Just felt like pointing out the obvious.