Black History Month

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Feb 7, 2018.

1. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

ZenKarma and David0301 like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It is true, but is it really the same thing when it's racism among non-dominant groups. Although what you're saying is true, their intraracial negativity doesn't have the same bellicose rhetoric. David0301, you might enjoy this excerpt from "Race in America", though from what you're saying this is taking place somewhere else.

David0301 likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol Preferring a lighter skin complexion and acting on that is in most cases not a racist thing. It's not like they hate their own race or etnicity.
    In their own (asian or african, etc.) society it's more often the equivalent of white people aiming to get a tan: they may dislike their pasty white skin color, but not their race.

4. soulcompromise

No, it's not always a racist thing. But in the days of old, mulatto African Americans (those who were of multi-racial heritage being part white and part African American) were given privileges that other African Americans were not.

5. David0301

David0301 Members

Thank you . That was interesting. Good that you also know that

6. David0301

David0301 Members

Yes, skin bleaching in Africa and the Caribbean (particularly in jamaica) is a very common thing. Some go as far as paperthin skin, being sensitive to sun and damaging their melatonin. I am not scared to say that because it is the truth and needs to be said: some of those hate their color, they got lots of complexes and wish they were fairer.
    Now obviously this has nothing to do with white people since there arent any white people in westafrica or jamaica. So they are racists among themselves. The "lighter the better you are " is their motto.

The latest trend in Africa is men tatooing their lips pink. Look for YouTube on that video. Im not joking.
    Most of those who come to europe keep bleaching their skin because of complexes. To me thats sad. There are special african shops all over europe for that which sell those creams.

Each race needs to be proud of itself and show the world how unique they are.

You can not erase hate and racism while having inferior complexes and not being proud of yourself. It is IMPOSSIBLE.

7. Asmodean

Sounds more like a status and opportunities thing than hate for your own race.

8. David0301

David0301 Members

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: watch how some of them damaged the pigmentation of their face.

9. David0301

David0301 Members

By all definition this is racism what they do to themselves my boi. Look for the lexica definition of "racism" and copy&paste here please. I cant im tired now. But its a 100percent match.

10. soulcompromise

Yeah, I guess that's true. :)

11. Asmodean

No Dave, really, there's a subtile difference. Even in the actual cases of self-hate/dislike it is often not hate/dislike of their whole race.
    Saying aiming for lighter skin is hate of their own race 100% of the time/ in all cases is an exceptional stupid assesment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    McFuddy likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, but...no. Why not honor Bill Russell?

I mean, yes. Red was very forward thinking for his time. He was drafting black players at a time when no one else was doing that. He groomed Russell as his successor, making Russell the first black coach in the NBA. But this is literally honoring a white guy who gave black people opportunities--opportunities they themselves made the most of. I don't know. It's sort of like celebrating Mr. Drummond or Jerry Heller or smoother pseudo "massa."

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

It's nice to have all these white posters explaining the intricacies of back on black relationships and racism. ;)

McFuddy and TheGhost like this.
  14. Asmodean

You don't have to be an expert on anything to see David is never completely right :p

I also feel really black on the inside :-D (therefor must be racist against caucasians! )

15. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

^ This. Black people don't make their skin lighter because they hate themselves. It's about social status.

16. Asmodean

Same with Chinese and Japanese women. Social status or wanna be more attractive. So in such cases it has more in common with white people tanning (of which a certain amount also overdo it)

17. David0301

David0301 Members

You dont get it. Keep chewing grass. Maybe the bulb will illuminate later ..

18. David0301

David0301 Members

Bleaching skin, tatooing their lips pink, wearing European hair wig and rhinoplasty. All this is not a racial thing to you? Jeez what more is there left to change one's racial features :tearsofjoy: roflmao.
    I dont know how you have lived your life so far but it seems like most of the time at home. The world is far bigger than your 10inch pc screen

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  19. Asmodean

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What about Michael Jackson?

soulcompromise likes this.