Bjork

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by bokonon, Jan 26, 2005.

1. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

I love Bjork. In that, I am in love with Bjork.
    I'd happily hear her sing absolutely anthing I think!

But just to stick to what she has sung would make the thread better, probably. So how d'you like her? Is any album particularly essential to pick up first? Don't actually own anything as it goes, a friend brought 'Debut' over yesterday which I thought was very good.

But I imagine I'll prefere later stuff, once she's all setteled in with the old synthesisers. Her new album sounds pretty interesting, just being mainly vocals and all.

p.s- I was gonna post about the new Gruff Rhys album here, but figured not too many people would of rushed out and bought it already, but if anyone has feel free to go on about that. It's marvellous stuff! Not Super Furry Animals marvellous, but not a million miles off.

2. oleandermoonfyre

oleandermoonfyre Member

Medulla is amazing! I love doing artwork to it! I have her greateset hits, and i listen to a lot of songs off that. joga and a few others are my favorites.

3. tulip

tulip Member

I love Björk! She has the most incredible voice I've ever heard. I have three of her albums, 'Debut', 'Vespertine' and 'Medulla'. They're all beautiful in their own ways as they're all different... as you know.

Funnily enough though, I think my favourite albums are 'Post' and 'Homogenic'... Maybe it's because I don't have those albums. Maybe it's just because the first time I heard Björk was just after 'Post' was released, and I completely fell in love with her music. Oh I wish I'd see her live some day. Why doesn't she come to Finland? :(

Btw, have you heard the 'Post' remix album? I think it's called 'Telegram'. It's very interesting to hear other people's remixes of her music...

P.S. I like some of The Sugarcubes' music too, mostly from 'Life's Too Good'. Check out 'Birthday' from that album!

4. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

i really really love Bjork, she's my favourite female artist - i bought Medulla the other day after hearing it played on the radio. I love her old stuff too, although i don't know it as well. She is so unique and there's a secret kinda feeling to her voice, something that only she understands...which is probably true :p
    i really want to see her in concert one day, she's so over-the-top live, i think maybe i can relate to that.
    if you don't have it, buy Medulla - it's fantastic!! has Rahzel and Mike Patton on! :D

5. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

mooooooo bjork - its so quiet until DAA DA DA DAAAA YOU BLOW A FUSE.....

6. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

bjork is my favourite female artist. she's got an amzing voice. 'debut' is a great album.

7. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Excellent :sunglasse It would be really sweet to see her live. Kinda Bjork related: Heard a story on radio 1, it was the winning entry on the breezeblock for 'your best Aphex Twin story' - This guy went to see Bjork and she had Aphex opening for her and apparently he played his usually insane shit and half the audience left.

So there you go :confused:. I'd of loved one of those seats!

"Birthday" I actually heard for the first time just a few weeks ago, I thought it was grand, it's another one of hers that give you that nice, but heartbreaking stomach dropping kinda feeling :confused: ...You know the one!

Very confused today. Should mention "All is Full of Love", being mainly singles I know this ranks mighty high.

8. tulip

tulip Member

That's what I felt the first time I heard the song, a couple of years back, actually, make that every time I hear it! It's just genious, the way she uses her voice!

I think my favourite songs of hers would be... Hyperballad, Isobel, Jóga and Bachelorette... and Venus As A Boy.

9. Ginglymus

Ginglymus Member

I would say medulla is my favourite album. I think debut has great songs on it but the production makes it sound dated.