*bitch*whine*moan*cough*sniff*

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rhasta.penguin, Apr 4, 2007.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

my roommate got me sick. i woke up with a sore throat and ever since then i've slowly felt myself getting pulled deeper and deeper into the diseases cove. i do not need this :(

how do YOU fight the common cold? do you use boxing gloves?

2. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

aww im sorry paul :(

i usually just drink lots of water, get LOADS of rest.. basically just flush it out and sleep it off. if you have to go to work, just take lots and lots of medicine.. [well, not TOO much haha, dont want you all doped up at work]

i hope you feel better soon paul

3. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

vit c
    echinacea
    sleep
    tea (lemon ginger with honey)
    more sleep
    neocitran
    and a little more sleep

4. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

sleep. grumbling. airbourne. flintstones vitamins. campbells chicken noodle and a grilled cheese sandwich. additionally grumbling. :p

5. spooner

spooner is done.

Power through the first day when you can tell you're getting sick, then get really hammered that night.

The next morning you can't tell if you're sick of hungover, and the day after that you just feel fine in comparison.

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Dude, that's why you shouldn't make out with your roommates when they're sick. I know it's fun, but you have to remember your health.

And I second the chicken noodle & grilled cheese... damn, I want Maryanne to take care of me the next time I'm ill. :D What good ideas. Flintstone vitamins!?!?

7. Lucifer Sam

Fuck, that chicken noodle sounds pretty good now... I think I need to go to the store and get some. :D I'm not even sick, but... yeah, I need some of that soup. The miso soup just isn't cutting it.

Oh yeah, Paul, you could get (or have someone pick you up) some Vietnamese Pho. I personally don't like it, but everyone else loves it and claims that it's great if you're sick.

8. rhasta.penguin

i know :rolleyes:

never tried that before...but i did just eat a vietnamese sandwich right now. that helped my stomach :D

9. wildflowereyes

haha Derek, just fly over next time you're ill. haha i'll make you feel all better.

10. Lucifer Sam

What? :D That doesn't make much sense. You're not supposed to fly on an airplane if you're sick. :H You'd have to fly HERE. Yes.

11. wildflowereyes

then dont get sick til my aunt moves up there and I have money and time for more travel.

12. Lucifer Sam

...You and your ridiculous demands. :rolleyes:

13. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

you need yuhseff some Buckley's Cold& Cough medicine.

their slogan is "It tastes awful, and it works!" :D and it really does!

14. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh man, :D I remember trying that stuff and you and your mom got all excited and I was like "damn... :eek: okay? I'll try it?" It worked superbly, and it really wasn't as bad as you made it out to be at first.

I was totally expecting something comparable to cod.. liver.. oil or something. :eek:

15. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

that shit is worse than cod liver oil.
    i had to take like four doses of it tonight just so i could clear my throat for the whole performance thing for the play.. yeesh. ne'er have i tasted such shit...

I always wind up thrashing about immediately after I take that stuff though... Blegh. :D

16. Orsino2

Ahaha.. I always love it when you talk about thrashing... respectively, but I find that so intriguing.

You gotten over that cold or whatever it was.. that was... so many moons ago? (It really doesn't sound right to say long-ass moons.. but I kept thinking long-ass days, but... that just won't work)

17. rhasta.penguin

i need a caring lady's bosoms to lay on and take care of me until i get better.

im in limbo as to if i will get more sick or better. i feel ok, but i just feel extremly weak and still have a bit of a sore throat. hope i can make it through work tomorrow :/

18. Orsino2

Sometimes I have a sore throat and still just feel great or like doing something, yet I can't really speak... especially mornings and such. I'll wake up with a dry mouth or don't use a humidifier (I have allergies and can be pretty frail in dry air. It can be pretty horrid, especially with chapped lips. That'd be ridiculous if someone got aids through kissing.)

I've had that since before I even smoked herb... and I don't inhale into my lungs with cigars, so that really doesn't have too much of an effect on me. Of course, alcohol will make it twice as bad.

19. spooner

spooner is done.

even when i don't drink i get super dehydrated when i sleep.