bit of an odd question but...

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by karuberutsu, Oct 13, 2006.

1. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

where do you think is the most barefoot friendly place in america? By that I mean that it never gets too cold for barefooting (I'd say 60 degrees at lowest), and also where the people don't frown upon bare feet? I'm planning on moving soon so I figured I would ask around!

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i dunno iknow ppl who barefoot in the snow all the time, but thats not for me..lol this is just a guess but i would sorta guess maybe around taos?

3. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Eh, it ain't bad down here in Central Florida. Flip flops are considered formal wear for the most part...haha... Depends what neighborhood you're in, but, I think most people don't give a damn if you're barefoot.

In the depths of wintertime, it gets down to 30 degree F, but the days are usually never below 50 degrees (that's the coldest part of the winter BTW) Perfect climate - well, for me anyways...

4. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I believe southern California is probably the best bet for barefooting. The beach coupled with the year round mild temps might make it ideal. Only drawback is that's it's quite expensive to live there compared to other parts of the country.

I live in Tucson, AZ. Flip flops are very popular here and it's warm enough to wear them during the colder months. January temps are usuallly in the upper 50's to the 60's. Summer temps usually range just above 100 degrees with low humidity, but it's a dry heat!! It does snow here, but generally in the mountains where it belongs! Don't see too much barefooting here, but I don't think most would care here either.

5. david_pluto

david_pluto Member

Ya, southern CA *near the coast* and how come no-one mentioned Hawaii?:D

I don't know about Arizona...you definitely do not want to walk on the blacktop in the spring and summer. You should definitely factor in summer heat before deciding where to go.

6. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

here in southeast Texas, Houston area, winters are usually mild. lows in the 40's and highs in the upper 50's in winter and lows in the 70's highs in the mid 90's in summer. It is humid though .. so its a wet heat. LOL

I live in a smallish town, population of the twin cities is around 110,000, but have a very large university with a student population of 43,000. flip flops are quiet the norm and barefeet aren't all that uncommon.

good luck where ever you move

peace out,
    bob

7. bareftdad4bareftboi

bareftdad4bareftboi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's not much different here in Jacksonville - I live about 10 minutes from the beach so barefoot is a more normal choice for alot of people here.

8. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

hey barefoot kid ... did the earthquake affect you ? guess you're ok because you posted today and the quake was yesterday.

I had a funny run in at a convience store in Pensacola. I went in to pay for the gas and the guy said I couldn't be in there barefoot and had to leave NOW. I said "ok, so I guess the gas is free then. because thats why I came in". the befuddled look I got was priceless. I paid and left AFTER doing a bit of looking around for something to snack on.

but yeah, otherwise the panhandle is cool with barefeet.

9. flyboy5506

flyboy5506 Member

Weather here in Phoenix is ok for it. The only time you really can’t is during the heat of the day in the summer. It is actually possible to get 3rd degree burns on your feet here! Summer mornings and nights are great, and the rest of the year is fine. Although flipflops are common place, bare feet don’t seem to be, I got kicked our of a Wal-Mart, and a CVS pharmacy. Normally I can get away with it though.