birth control patch

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by opium_eyes, Dec 30, 2004.

1. opium_eyes

opium_eyes Une Canadien Errant

i just lost my virginity and i've decided to go on birth control.
    i'm not positive whether or not to go on the pill or the patch.
    i know if i go on the pill there's a chance i could forget to take it.
    but i knwo peopel who have been on the patch and say they get weird burns or rashes from it.

i was just wondering, fr those of you on birth control, which do you use?
    and did you ever have any trouble with the patch?

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

well, your doc likely has more reliable info on the sideaffects of the patch, but

if you're worried about forgetting the pill (which I always used to do) I would go on the patch instead, or something that seasonale or depo-provera type stuff (I know depo can cause some very bad reactions for people though, so be wary). My cousin is actually an ortho-trycyclen patch representative to convince doc's it's good, so it's not some crazy awful drug or anything.

I think the chances of you getting a rash or reacting unfavourably to it are the same as the pill - a lot of women have to try two or more different brands of pills before they find the one that is right for them.

3. opium_eyes

thank you :)

4. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

My ex tried the Depo shot and it was great, no-hassle, low side effects.

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Crazy - I've had very few sideaffects but I still don't fully endorse it. there are some long-term issues (make sure she takes her multivitamins, especially ones with calcium!) but a lot of women can react very badly to it. Like menstruating for up to three months after getting it. Just because one person reacted well doesn't mean that the next will.

6. greenpeople

greenpeople Member

i used to have the patch, i didnĀ“t get pregnant , but it looks weird and it gets loose often, so you have to change it more often and that gets expensive. but my boobs got bigger!
    i would personally go for th pill. i felt safer with it.

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

I have been on the shot for over a year and am changing it because although it is great it gets you fat and bleeding is a huge side effect!! I am changing to the patch because I am to forgetful to remember to take the pill.

8. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have only ever taken the pill... first mircette and then ovcon.

What I did was go to walmart and buy a 15.00 sports watch with an alarm and set it to go off daily at the same time. I've never forgotten to take a pill this way, even if I am asleep the beeping wakes me up. The watch is pretty too, and good to have even without being on the pill.

Mircette pill boxes had the option of an alarm that you set with the pills. That wouldn't have helped me though unless I kept my pills with me everywhere, even asleep or in the same room of the house.

9. opium_eyes

smarty pants! that's really cool that it would COME with a timer. that kind of makes me lean towards that pill at least. thanks :)

10. opium_eyes

oooh man. the shot is definatly out for me. i have a phobia lol. especially when ti comes to needles. extreme phobia. breathing stops, heart explodes, tears and the fetal position... you know, that old chestnut.