Birds Of the Same Feather?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by honeyhannah, May 23, 2004.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Okay how true do you think this is because I have realized that all of my friends are sorta in bad spots I won't go into huge detail but I will say that my two best friends have now both been in trouble for drinking, smoking, partying, disorderly conduct(being rude to cops), they both have major problems with their parents, they both have no idea what they want to do, one is doing nothing, and they both have a bit of a temper!

I guess maybe it is the area, I think I was probably much like that while I was still up there, except I always had an idea what I wanted to do with my life, but I wonder if I was still up there if I'd end up going to court for something like that too, or if I've changed, or if they are just extreme versions I don't know. I just wonder what it says about me that all of my friends are getting into or are already in some sort of trouble.

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

guilty by association, judged by who i knowww..reminded me of an h20 song.

your friends are just who you chill with, you dont have to be like them. you can party and be responsible and smart, and you can do the oppsosite too. its up to you

3. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know it sounds lame, but if youve been there and seen it with them, but made a go of your life your in a great postion to help others

s

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Oh god, trust me I know about that, it is not lame at all. I'm thinking that maybe my friends have changed a lot, 'cause that is how it seems to me, but I'm not sure if maybe I was the same way but I didn't really notice exactly where I was in my life. One of my friends I do really worry about, the other one just ALWAYS seems to get into the wrong thing at the wrong time. I try though, I really do!

I don't actually believe the little birds of the same feathers thing, I never have I'm just really alarmed that my two friends, and a lot of the other people I used to hang out with are in the same strange situations and it seems I'm the only one who's not...whatever this was stupid who cares, i suck...yep, yay to me...

5. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I know none of my friends are nothing like me. They're too wild for my blood, which is why I don't hang out with them much. They're nice to talk to, yeah, but I just can't do anything with them since I'm not into the whole clubbing/drinking/drugs/party scene. And they always like to do the whole mass gathering thing. I love hanging out with one person, or maybe a group of three or four, but I'm not into big group gatherings and such. So...*shrugs*

6. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Ditto, I am the same way with the people I go to school with, but for my two friends back in VA I will make an exception just b/c I never get to see them I would rather just hang out though. I don't like to be in large crowds either and find it really hard to communicate with anyone when there's so many people around. I tend to cling to one person, or withdraw from the whole thing.

7. badassdawickedmoose

badassdawickedmoose Member

none of my friends are anything like me... i dont believe in this birds of a feather stuff either, ye don't need to be exactly the same to get along, ye just need to get along...

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

UMMMMM???????????:confused:

IFFIN I WAS THERE "PARENTS" THEY WOULDA BEEN OUT ON THERE ASS 2 YEARS AGO,,(ASSUMIN THERE 20 AS WELL)

SEEMS TO ME THERE PARENTS ARE A BUNCHA ENABLIN IN DENIAL WASTE CASES,,, CREATIN SAME SAID MINDSET IN THERE CHILDREN...

BUT WAIT,, I HERE IT COMIN,,, "THEY TURNED OUT OK"????

SPARE ME,, ID SAY FIND NEW FRIENDS...

TIS ON YOU AT YER AGE TO GROW UP,,, NOT SOCIETY TO DEAL WITH YA NOT WANTIN TO...;)

HOPE THAT HELPS....

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

*sigh* i'm with hhb on this. water seeks it's own level. and you'll find that as you tryto change for the better and make soemthign worth while of your life, either they'll change and stay your friends, or they'll just try to make you feel guilty and drag you down. most likely, they'll drag you down, and you won't even see it coming. the birds of a feather comment is really apt, i think, because people tend to congregate with those they get along with. if all your friends are losers, and you're not, then maybe you're just being egotistical, and you're not as great as you think you are. i know some people that i love dearly, that i know have a good soul within them, but they're not people that i welcome in my home anymore. i won't be dragged down again. you don't have to be with your friends to love them. you need to move on, find some better friends. but right now you're in an "easy" relationship, where your shit kinda smells like roses. you need to challenge yourself now. i think you're a doll, i really do, but it's easy to get into a rut.

10. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Huh? I really appreciate you guy's concern, but I'm thinking maybe I explained this wrong? Where did all this come from? I don't get it! My friends have never done anything to make me feel guilty about anything, more than likely they've helped me through my own misery. The truth is these are the people that I've gotten closer to than anyone since I was in elementary school if I got that close to anyone. I love them they are both great people! I never see them so they're not dragging me down, they live in VA I live in GA. But I think the things they're getting in trouble for if everyone got in trouble for doing what they've done all of this country would be in the same predicament.

I was exaggerating a little bit, I thought it was obvious I guess not!
    Don't worry about it I make stupid, stupid threads and I'm not good at communication!

I don't think that because they've made mistakes they're now bad people and losers and they're not good friends now? No, they're lost, but that doesn't make them any different. The thing I didn't mention is how much of a coincidence it is that my friends and I have the same family situation, I was only lucky that my dad didn't allow me to live with him anymore and I have a mom who actually cares about me. My friend who is my age, has a job, she knows what she wants to do with her life, she's immensely talented, she just hasn't found a way yet, my other friend is 17 and she has no support.

I guess I just can't relay my message well, sorry!

11. mynameiskc

i'm sorry if my own post was not communicated well. i just know that having been in a similar situation with people i love, you gotta sometimes make a break until they get their shit together. i didn't realize they weren't close to you, geographically speaking. but yes, i do think that people with the same problems and the same talents tend to flock together. otherwise you'd have nothing to talk about.

12. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

No problemo, I had a friend like that too! She's still my roomate and I do care about her but I've totally broken all ties to her, all we have to talk about is the cleanliness of the bathroom and kitchen.

13. mynameiskc

how funny. with my best friend, the two things we are NOT allowed to discuss is politics and bathroom cleanliness. god, she was such a slob.