Bird question

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Super_Grrl, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Hi guys,

This summer I'm thinking of getting a budgie! Whoohoo! I used to have them as a kid, and I don't have the time/money/heart for a new piggy, but I get lonely without a pet so my dad suggested a bird, since we still have one of the cages.

Anyway I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the life expectancy of Australian budgies (those are my favourites) but I can't remember, it's kinda been a while.

Anyone?

2. apple seed

apple seed Member

the one that i got thay told me thay live up to 10-18 yaers. if taken care of the right way. have fun with yours i love my roger. if you did not know thay love hemp and shiny things. i lile to make all of his toys and he like news paper. riped into strips and cloths pined to the inside of his cage. keeps him very entertanined.

lots of love apple seed.

3. skye*

skye* Member

some say 7-10 and others say 6 -15. i think it all depends on how their kept and the way their cared for.

i read recently that if you put a eucalyptus leaf in their cage for them to chew on they live alot longer and they get nutrients from it thats unlike any other.

HERES ONE OF THE SITES FOR YOU ABOUT IT :)

http://www.budgieworld.net/home.htm

good luck, hope this helps some:)

4. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Thanks guys! I couldn't remember cos the last one we had sorta flew away (*sniff*) so yah it had been a while. I think our other ones lived about four years...

5. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I suggest you do a lot of homework on this. Animals need someone who knows what they're doing.

Good luck with your budgie. Hope you have a very long happy life together.

6. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

roughly about 8 years on average, though some live to be about 14 or 15.:eek: