Bill Russell Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by hotwater, Mar 4, 2018.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

For many years former NBA star and 11 time NBA champion for the Boston Celtics Bill Russell was very outspoken about the racism he encountered throughout his career in the city of Boston.
    For the longest time he refused to accept any awards or acknowledgments from the team until many years later when a statue was erected in his honor.

When the statue was unveiled in 2013 (pictured below) it was met with great fanfare and it a visit from President Obama.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in Downtown Boston recently and I noticed a recent addition which momentarily threw me for a loop (Pictured Below) from a distance there appeared to be a statue of a chimpanzee adjacent to the statue of Bill Russell. Upon closer inspection there’s no doubt the statue is someone of Caucasian descent crouching over but from a distance it appears to be a monkey – this was no accident.

[​IMG]

For many years after his career ended Bill Russell would tell everyone who would listen just how racist Boston was and i believe this is their way of getting back at him by first honoring him with a statue and then humiliating him

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Boston is easily the most racist city I've encountered--though not nearly as bad as the rural New England areas. But I think equating the statue of the crouching guy in the background with a monkey is a bit of a stretch.

3. hotwater

This picture is a close-up, from a distance away it really does look like a primate, only as you approach the statue does it begin to resemble a man

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

5. hotwater

^^^^^^

The statue of Red Auerbach, head coach of the Celtics during the Bill Russell era stands alone at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, so doesn’t the statue of former Boston Bruins
    great Bobby Orr in front of the TD Bank Garden, yet Bill Russell’s is accompanied by a small crouching figure – it’s no coincidence

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

are people talking about this in boston?....the Auerbach family saying anything?....its bee 5 years..people should have noticed by now?

7. Noserider

Also, the statue of the kid crouching down--apparently like a monkey--is of a white kid, while the other kid--black--is walking upright.

If this were racist--and it's not--I'm not sure the argument that it's racist against black people would be so, ahem, black and white. Giggle.

8. hotwater

No people in Boston aren't talking about this because the second and third statue were recent additions.

There are platforms for future statues, It should be interesting to see what the sculptor has in mind for his next project perhaps a bust of King Kong - Sigh

9. Noserider

We can only hope!

Bill Russell and King Kong! Two of my favorite things!

Okay, Bill Russell was way, way, WAY before my time, but if the Celtics are Christianity, Russell is Christ. You kinda gotta worship him.

10. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I would have thought it would be Larry Bird.

11. Noserider

Yeah, Bird's probably more accurate. But it's undeniable that Red Auerbach was God. So in that analogy Russell has to be Jesus.

But Bird is probably the most beloved Celtic of all time.

12. broony

broony Banned

Bill was part of the first black starters on a roster.

A lot of his stats are not even on paper cause stats where not looked at then like they are today. Which is crazy cause his numbers recorded are already good.

He told the rich white guys, we strait up wont play if the union doesn't treat us fairly. Look into the start of the Union cause it saved the NBA.

Also Bill has a laugh that could probably cure any disease.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Liking the NBA and having a problem with black guys you are going to have a bad time. I've heard lots about Boston on this topic though.

14. hotwater

Being of African American descent and living just west of the city, I can attest to the history of racism in Boston and the perceived racism which still exists today.

There are statues of former great athletes throughout the city that "stand alone", yet the statue of Bill Russell is grouped with others as if his contribution don’t hold as much merit.