big island - kauai?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by DejaVoo, Jan 29, 2006.

1. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

hey me and my b/f are taking a trip next month, thinking about either going to kauai or big island, but im not sure which one. any ideas? i like lots of nature-ish places, so..?

2. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Did you ever go ?

3. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Kauna'oa bay on the Kohala coast of Big Island is (.25-mile) crescent-shaped beach.(No lifeguards on this public beach.)Manta rays swim around at night.Princeville on Kauai.

4. user2q

user2q Banned

I just whant to talk please

5. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hey, the big Island is great for hiking and many extremes. You can go to the top, around 14000 ft, and be in a snowing blizzard or back down to the beach and back up to over 80 degrees. Tropical jungle and almost no people down in Waipio valley. Walk through a steaming cauldera and imagine your back in the stone age.
    I love it there...
    Going back next winter for a few months..
    Peace to you.... Farmout :)

6. omganesha

omganesha Member

Farmout is right, the Big Island is a nice place to visit. (I lived there for five years) The Hilo side is a wonderful and natural place to explore, Puna ( a little further south of Hilo)is full of hippies. There is a beach there called Kehena which is clothing-optional and black sand. It is awesome!! It is much less touristed there,on the Puna side.... wonderful farmers market on Saturdays. Camping is plentiful and the whole vibe is very free feeling.
    Peace, Love and Flowers...OmGanesha

7. TigerLily77

TigerLily77 Member

Kauai! It is known for the luscious gardens. Great place to hike and relax. The Big Island is too commercial these days.

Enjoy!

Maui is my fave! I'll be there in 2 weeks! :)

8. omganesha

omganesha Member

Not down in Puna...try it and see. The Kona side is the commercial side. Even Alicia Bay Laurel, the goddess of hippie-ness lives there.(read her books "Living on the Earth" and "Being of the Sun". Hippie classics from the 70's)
    OmGanesha

9. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

No traffic, no long lines, no noise...only an island at its best. Hold a garage sale to cut your shipping coasts. Just don't sell your hiking boots, kayak, dive gear or surfboard.

10. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Set on an 8-acre farm with ocean views. Learn how the organic beans are grown and roasted.