Big brother

Discussion in 'Reality TV' started by DarkSecret, Jun 21, 2006.

1. DarkSecret

DarkSecret Member

Does anyone really care about the people in Big brother? well apart from Pete the little sweetie. I mean the first people seemed normal, but now its turned into a freak show. Do you think Big brother should keep carrying on year after year and who do ya thinks gonna win?

2. nathmeister

nathmeister Member

I'm glad someone has finally said that! I know exactly what you mean, they are all boring, it's only worth watching to laugh at them trying to be friends with each other.
    I reckon Pete will win, but only cos he's the most normal person in there (even tho he has tourette's!)
    Next year? I'm sure they'll do it again, but hopefully they'll pick better people or create some kinda huge twist to keep us watching.
    Celebrity BB should never be repeated - it was awful.

Oh yeah, and they're all money grabbing slackers!

3. D2k

D2k Member

This year has been terrible, ever since Nikki left i switched off completely.

mind you, they are putting the ex housemates back in next week :D

4. woodcat

woodcat Senior Member

I am so sick to death of fucking Big Brother!!!!! AAAAGH

5. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

I only started watching because there was nothing else on..the people keep growing on me :?
    I HATE gretel. cant explain it, shes so uptight, her personality just clashes with mine I guess *shrugs*
    I hated Camilla too, with the turkey slapping incident. She actualy stayed in bed with them for half an hour after that, BB made it seem alot more worse than it was. Hated what they did to the boys..

6. Hobes

Hobes Member

may i assume this is not U.S. BB

7. diamondgeeza

diamondgeeza Member

Ain't it about time they killed of B.B? Its the same shit every year, a house full of unremakable people who get famous for about a month after, get slagged off about it then fade in to obscurity.

8. Valdis

Valdis Member

I've enjoyed the show. I'll looking forward to this summer's start in July.

Of course these show pick the strangest, most volitile people they can.

It's still interesting to see what they do.

I'm usually pulling for the underdog(s). The ones who are fairly nice and straight forward.

9. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

10. Bubblegum84

Bubblegum84 Guest

Four years later since the last post here and BB is still showing, on channel 5 now though.

11. missyberman

missyberman Guest

Hey I am Missy berman.i am watching this show and i relay enjoy it.Julie Chen is returned on this show.i am watching because nothing else on keep growing me........

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

If you're fascinated by human nature, I don't see how you could fail to get something out of this show. It's intense socializing, at its most extreme!

I've always been a HUGE Janelle fan, but her third appearance on the series was a little disappointing. She just wasn't herself this season. I'm not sure how much she wanted to be there.

Ian has been the biggest surprise. Who would have expected him to out-play Mike Boogie? :D

13. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Ian could just pull it off. Frank could be the next one out. I didn't think Janelle was up to her game this year either.

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

He's smarter than the average Big Brother player, but so is Britney. She makes a first impression as a typical airhead blond, but she's often the first person to figure out what's going on in the house. She's great at reading people. When others underestimate her, that gives her an advantage. I think sometimes she acts stupid on purpose, to throw people off.

There are so many different forms of intelligence, which is one of the things that makes people (and shows like this) interesting to me. Ian would blow Britney away in any kind of an academic competition, but that isn't the kind of intelligence that will get you far in a social game, usually.

He's completely isolated now. He can't win every HOH and Veto from now until the end of the game, so it's just a matter of time.

I think this season has been more interesting than average. Sometimes, they just have boring people.

15. TAZER-69

So are they ever going to get Frank out the door? He needs to go.

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Six wins in one hour! :eek: But he is alone against three smart players - Britney, Ian, and Dan. Surely they can back-door him in the next two weeks.

Probably, freshman business majors should be required to watch and report on this show. They could call the class "Backstabbing 101". Talk about skills you can use in the real world! :D ;)

17. TAZER-69

Backstabbing 101 I like that LOL....

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

OMG! :eek: Last night, Dan made one of the biggest, most dramatic moves in the history of the show! :willy_nilly:
    :cheers2:

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the game is being played on a higher level this year, since all the players have had so many years to study it and its most successful players.

19. TAZER-69

Dan is a game player, I felt like he was going to be the next one out. Never count them out until the vote is over. I would have never thought of the plan he came up with... unbelieveable. Now it looks like the other side is in trouble.

20. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You called it! :cheers2:

Last time we talked about him, Dan still had his boldest and most shocking move ahead of him, tricking Danielle into helping eliminate her own 'boyfriend', who was only playing her for his own benefit. The look on her face was priceless! Classic moment.

[​IMG]