bifenthrin insecticide anyone?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by n03l, Feb 26, 2012.

1. n03l

n03l Guest

whats up yall? im fairly new to this community. ive been floating around for sometime and would like to thank everyone for the great knowledge i recieved from here. so i feel its time to give back a little. i recently had the worse fungus gnat problem ive ever seen. my soil looked alive with the disgusting creatures. millions would fly the air if i touched or watered my girls. it was truly unbelievable. just as i was about to throw everything out, a friend of mine turned me unto bifenthrin. bifenthrin is a multi- use insecticide that supposely kills about any insect you can think of. now,i can co-sign for the product. i simply diluted the product like the directions said, put into a spray bottle and misted the ladies and their soil. woke up today to find not a single gnat. totally gone. scraped the surface of the soil and still nothing. i am completly satisfied with bifen and would recomend it to anyone. doesnt harm the plants at all. my buddy originally found the product when he was looking for a cure for a spider mite infestation. he said he applied the bifen one day, waited a few days, applied again...then bam! bye bye mites. he didnt know if the results would be the same with the fungus gnats, but we gave it a try with nothing to lose. now im sold. ive never read about anyone using this product. has anyone else experienced this jewel of defense?

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

wikky
    will anyone be eating your weed or handling it...like maybe to roll?

3. n03l

n03l Guest

if you would research it more you would find that plants totally cannot absorb this product. so unless you like to eat dirt or drink the solution, you will be fine.

4. n03l

n03l Guest

it binds to the soil. plants cannot and will not absorb the solution. so i misted to top of the soil, waited a day, then scrape the top inch or so of soil into the trash. refill with new soil. use common sense. wash your hands when finished. my friend has been using this product for sometime now with no negative heath affects. maybe if the plant could absorb the product there would be a concern, but it cant. it clings to the soil and has very little to no runnoff. thats why i dispose the top layer of soil that was exposed.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

....do what you want...it is absolutely not recommended for food and or marijuana plants