bicycle touring

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by spacecadet, May 21, 2004.

1. spacecadet

spacecadet Guest

Anyone done this, do this, have and tips or anecdotes?

2. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

The only thing I can say is start biking a lot before you go to get your legs ready for it. I tried it without getting in shape first and it really sucked.

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Drink alot of water, even when your not thirsty, you'll be dying of dehydration and not even know it. Try to carry two huge liter water bottles, like one on the top bar, and one on the bottom. And try to get one of those packs that go under the seat, where you can store some tubes, wrenches, lighters, medicine and maybe a granola bar. Go for a real old school kind of tent, like a cord to wrap between two trees, and throw some kind of nylon or canvas over the top. I don't like sleeping bags personally, but thats totally up to you. Just the dirt underneth a blanket is good for me. Go with gas too, belive me, you don't want to be building a fire every time you want to cook some rice or something. Bring some weed too, cause cycling high is a blast