Between now and 2009

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, May 30, 2004.

?

And the choices are

1. Arizona

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New Mexico

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. North West Territory (Canada)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Romania

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I'm going to one of these five places. I would like for you to choose which you think is best for me.

2. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited

Romania....

Anyone can hope a bus to Arizona... Romania would be a real journey.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what about all of the above?

and why do you only have those 5 places to choose from?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Make it before 2006. I have a feeling most of us will be dead by 2009.

And out of those choices, I would most definitely choose the Northwest Territories of Canada. It is so beautiful there, both in its landscape and solitude. It's one of the few untrampled places left on earth. Most people are under the notion that it's freezing cold year-round there, but in the summer it is beautiful, and it isn't abnormal to see temperatures in the low 70's there this time of year. Plus, they are currently seeing nearly 24 hours of sunlight.

5. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Ever since I was little I have always wanted to go to the Yuckon/Northwest territories. I just dig the thought of a cold place. I heard that i got up to 50 above but 70 is cool. I just want to be in nature's arms. I want to chose one because it's too expensive to do them all in 5 years. This will give me something to work for and maybe I'll even love one enough to stay. I picked two places the US that are kind of Hippy and free and 3 places outside that I'd see either in movies or just heard people mention. Thanks for voting and I'll keep looking from time to time to see if anyone new votes. :)

6. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Canada!

But if you swing by here, you can pay me a visit! :D

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Like Schatzi and Seamonster I would vote for Italy if I would participate in polls.

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i picked the nwt, cause that's where i'd want to go out of those choices. i dont know if that would be the best choice for you though.

isnt there a lot of smog in italy?

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I'll take smog over the Calgary Flames ;)

Just kidding, I know Canada has more culture and life than Italy, as well as better food and architecture;)

Just kidding about that too, the part I won't kid about is the natural beauty and isolation you would likely find in that part of Canada.

Depends on what type of trip you want.

10. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Stay away from all of them!!!

11. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

europe is very cool trust me,

plus thier cultures are at least 1,500 years ahead of us.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

of the places you mentioned the only one i'd feel safe from my paranoia of the horrors of brutal politics would be nwt.ca, still there was a certain dutches of romania a hundred and some odd years ago that there might be some sort of special spiritual thing that might protect how you feel there or something. i'm just not sure how much i'd trust that.

as mentioned europe IS cool and may become something of a bastian of freedom, at least they still remember what a train is and how to run them without, oil, coal or killing people, but i don't personaly care for a mediteranian type climate, so europe maybe but probably not italy. somewhere up in the hills between france and switzerland i think i'd be more comfortable, though i've never actualy personaly been there either. there's a hill valley up at the end of ferrocarril gereralitat de catalonia, there's a monistary and a ski area and not cars, only the little train in and out, or at least that's what the website says, thogh like zermat this may be something of a simplification of the actual situation.
    i wouldn't mind working as a dishwasher in zermatt for that matter, though that might not be possible with my only knowing english, american 'english' at that.
    then of course there the scandenhovian countries, just don't commute on the ferry boats too often during iceberg season. though agin i've no ken of the lingo.
    i'll probably remain somewhere near right where i am myself. i've been kicking myself ever since for not becoming a canadian back in the 60s, and i'll probably regret even more not having done so before all this is over with.

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I was torn between voting for Northwest Territory or Arizona... NWT is actually a very beautiful place to be, I spent a summer working there once a few years ago. But to be honest, I'm absolutely in love with Sedona, AZ - it's one of my favouritest places to be, and hope to live there one day and work in one of the new age stores!