Best way to cook chicken.

Discussion in 'Chicken' started by fluttersteke, Aug 6, 2009.

1. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

Tomorrow I am cooking dinner for my boyfriend. I will be cooking some lemon pepper chicken breast fillets, some shell (a big noodle shell) stuffed with ricotta cheese and other things with sauce plus some vegetables on the side.

I've cooked chicken many times before, usually by baking it. But I know you could fry the chicken in a pan too. I've never actually fried chicken in a pan. I always bake it. But I was wondering if there is any difference in taste. Since I am using the oven to bake the pasta shells, I'm thinking about frying the chicken in a pan.

So what I'm asking, for those who have baked chicken and also cooked it in a pan, please let me know if it tastes better cooked a certain way or does it taste the same. If its better in the oven then I'll do that but I need to know by tomorrow (Friday) night. And if I cooked it in the pan, for how long?

2. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

omg!!! I'm dyslexic, and I read "the best way to cook children" lol!!!!

3. Morg_9

Morg_9 Member

Baking is definitely a healthier option for the chicken, depending on the recipe I find it can also keep it more tender. Another option, if you have one, is grilling it on the barbecue... grill marks and some charring certainly can add some appeal, just be careful that it doesn't dry out.

EDIT: whoa, gotta check dates when giving advice...

4. JohnnyRebel

JohnnyRebel Member

on the grill

5. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

on the grill definitely

6. Dead poet4

Dead poet4 Member

pan fry chicken = breaded .. (add lemon zest salt n pepper n breadcrumbs)i cut it thinner..
    oven = stuffed or garnished ( w.e u want :p)
    grill = marinated (marinate in lemon juice n thyme pepper and oil or w.e) salt right b4 grill ..

7. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

:2thumbsup: