Best psychedelic drugs?

Discussion in 'DMT' started by JagLexabar, Jul 20, 2011.

1. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

I'm curious to find out which psychedelic drug in your opinion is the best and why, and the most enjoyable. and which people should avoid takin?

a long time ago i was planning in doing shrooms but then friends told me they had real bad trips so i was a bit unsure about doing them after that. I might try doing DMT or tryptamine. I'm not that used to the whole drug use and just want to try out and i know (from my own self) i wont get addicted, lol that probably sounds silly but anyway. I have many friends who are using and i'm not someone that takes hard drugs, though i am considering for some soul questioning i have in myself.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

My three favorites are:

1) LSD
    2) MDMA
    3) DMT

I think LSD is the most well rounded psychedelic, it incorporates many of the features, themes and elements present in the majority of psychedelic experiences. I find it a very amazing journey through mental processes and an incredible way to view reality for a good 8-14 hours.

MDMA is probably the most enjoyable psychedelic for me, it's most likely to produce an overwhelming positive reaction, especially the first couple times with it and it's has more social qualities to it, great to take with a few friends or go to a concert or something. It's not a visual trip really though and not quite as reality altering as many of the other trips when taken in a casual setting like a house.

DMT is a very short experience so it can be an easy trip in that sense but the trips can vary dramatically. Lighter experiences tend to be very colorful, geometrical and pretty euphoric but not all that different from other psychedelics, heavier trips can be extremely strange and overwhelming and the heavier trips is where I think amazingness of the DMT experience is found. It's much more difficult to bring back DMT trips and integrate the experience into your everyday life than it is an LSD or MDMA experience. I don't feel DMT is all that great of an introduction to psychedelics eventhough one may find the experience interesting without prior psychedelic experiences.

Shrooms are a quality trip as well, just go into the experience not looking to get messed up. Try to appreciate and accept the experience as it is and you should find it an incredibly powerful experience with those amazing lifeforms.

3. p0ly

p0ly Senior Member

4. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

I am thinking in doing DMT but i was about to get some bezos for sleeping/anxiety problems, do you think that would interfer with any? (whether DMT, LSD of MDMA). Also i heard taking lot of benzos can get you real high, is that true?

5. p0ly

p0ly Senior Member

as for taking benzos before DMT, LSD, MDMA it does change the effects. i've used benzos on them all. i found it weakened the LSD experience but made it a much more chilled out one. MDMA the valium makes it much more chilled and more messed up and happy with less negative stim effects. DMT it may have weakened the effects but it took away the anxious feeling i get as i know how harsh smoking it can be sometimes.

taking high dose benzos can mess you up a lot, it makes me pretty invincible feeling and i say and do stuff i normally wouldn't... some i do regret.

6. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

I don't want to fuck with my body and stuff so im trying to be careful and just have some good trips out of one of those & not "play with fire" too much, i don't think i'd mix the benzos with them though, i do am on anti-depressant i dunno how it would interfer with that. Oh did it really? is it like you say franctly what you wanna say type a thing?

7. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

And how should i "take/use" N,N DMT ? do people normally smoke it or snort?

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yes N,N DMT is "DMT" and most people smoke/vaporize it.

Regarding benzos, I would never mix them with psychedelics, I've only taken xanax a few times at mild recreational doses and it practically just made me fall asleep and like alcohol is kind of anti psychedelic.

9. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

arright yeah thats what i fugured it wouldnt be a good mix, though i was told DMT is hard to get a hold of normally hopefully im able to find some. Is there some specific stuff i should know before doing it just so im more aware? thanks for the help btw!

10. Overdose

Overdose Member

I recommend DMT as a first psychedelic all the way. Butt it depends on what you want out of it I guess. If you want some guaranteed fun LSD or MDMA is the way to go. If you want a full blown psychedelic experience (which also can be very fun!!!!) smoke/eat/drink some DMT. And just bear in mind that they're all pretty different, you need do a lot of reading on anything you're thinking about trying.

11. GetLifted20

GetLifted20 Member

1.Shrooms
    2.LSD
    3.DXM

Shrooms were much more enjoyable for me, but when I did acid I was the only one tripping, and all of my friends went to bed so I was up all night tripping alone...with shrooms I did it with a bunch of people so that was probably why it was so much more enjoyable.

12. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

Yeah exactly, well said. I already done some research and i'm pretty sure i'll do the DMT first, the only issue is i don't know how i should do it for it to be the best. do you have a personal fav. way to do it?

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Smoking/freebase is probably my favorite way to do it, there are various techniques to vaporizing DMT. I put it in between a bottom and top layer of herb and smoke it in a bubbler, it's called the 'sandwich method'. Others use a freebase pipe (like what people smoke meth with)

You need to get Maoi's for DMT to be active orally, and I have tried pharmahuasca twice which is oral DMT + Maoi and been rather disappointed with that experience both times. The second time I just ended up smoking DMT to kickstart the trip.

14. Overdose

Overdose Member

The good thing about freebasing DMT is that no matter how intense/unpleasant it gets it will never last longer than 5-10 minutes or so. This is perfect for an introduction to psychedelic craziness. But pharma's (oral dmt + maoi) pretty fun too, tried it for the first time the other day. Took a bit too much but it was fun!

15. JagLexabar

JagLexabar Member

oh shit really the trip you mean? thats real short though true stuff you said for an introduction, i'm having some dillema now some friends say dmt is really intense and normally people badtrip, it for sure varies from person to person but y'know.

16. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yes, DMT is VERY FUCKING INTENSE from what i understand. i have never tried it. i've heard the comedown be described like 10 hits of acid. i'm sure that's not 100% accurate, but it paints a picture.

my favorite psychedelic is LSD.
    i also really like 2cb, 2ce is pretty good
    i had some great times with mushrooms, but i'm not so into them anymore.

interesting...

17. Fisticuffs

Fisticuffs Member

1. 2c-e
    2. LSD
    3. Shrooms
    4. DMT

I just recently tried dmt a few weeks ago for the first time. I'm waiting for a better occasion to try it again under better circumstances, first time i was just excited to try it. I have a feeling it will be moving up on my favorites list. So intense, and man it felt soooo good. I think I'll always prefer the long trip as opposed to a short one but it's still a nice feeling, amazing.

18. Overdose

Overdose Member

Eh, in my experience I've never seen anyone have a negative reaction to DMT, even people that have never tried psychedelics. And it's only as intense as you want it to be, depends on dose size and stuff. But no, it is definitely not normal for people to have a bad trip with it. I've done it almost 100 times, there's really nothing to be afraid of.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

My friend smoked it once and he said he doesn't plan on ever trying it again as he said something to the effect of he didn't find being that far removed from reality all that appealing, But I don't think he necessarily found the trip unpleasant.

I smoke it sparingly, I usually try to limit myself to heavy doses and I find I can be fairly shaken up from a DMT trip and it usually lingers on in my thoughts and dreams for a few days afterwards.

20. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Ive been lucky enough in the past 4-5 years to have tried a lot of great psychedelics multiple times. I suppose that my three favorites would be 1) LSD 2) DMT 3)DPT, i know its an RC but it is very psychedelic and i do love mushrooms, had some GREAT ones recently but kinda overdid it with them so im taking a little break..ahhhh there are so many i really enjoy ingesting!

i still need to do a lot of investigating on how to get my hands on 2ce because i have been recomended trying it by some of my closes friends who have tried it and also other members of the forums