Best 'Hippy' Careers?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

I have a fear of people in suits so I might just join you :D

2. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

ooooohhh yeah.... revenge.... but i'm really just jokin around with him, i'm always a little silly with my kids. yeah, that baby is my 3rd son, so now i have a 12 yo, a 10 yo, and a 7 month old! it's been a great experience so far, my older boys just love the baby soooo much, and the baby loves them right back :)

ok, so now i found the ideal hippie career, but somebody's already doing it here in florida. check out this site:

Camping the easy way with Dancin' Dave!

If you don't want to haul all your camping gear, but still want to camp, consider letting Dancin' Dave do it for you. Pre-equipped campsites are available through www.dancindave.com

how awsome would that be? better than vending, he gets paid to go to events but he only has to work before & after the weekend! wonder if he has to pay a vending fee...

3. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

~Canadian boy - Funny you mentioned journalism because for awhile that's what i wanted to go into and actually chose it as an elective but i couldn't deal with the pressure of deadlines...

~Zoomie - *smile* I hope you never 'grow up'...

~Gr8fulyDeadicated - It's refreshing to see a family that shows their 'affection' for eachother. You're my hero! Yeah, 'Dancin Dave' has got it going on, man! It's cool too that he didn't charge a whole lot...

4. TattoedAquarian

Selling sandwhiches at concerts to support yourself while you follow your favorite band on thier tour... Now that's the life.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

now from the working press:
    what we see in the papers is often taken as what "everyone" believes. So I begin working in a 'burb that is 2/3 Republican and cover peace protests, an Iraqi-American woman speaking out against war, reactions to the Ward Churchill flap at CU... and the usual kid hit by a 20 y-o driver when the school didn't bother to keep up with him (he's 6 and MIGHT be able to piss on his own one day), bank robbery, racist fliers, kids neglected by daycare..local politicians... the usual dreck.. I also write for music sites and magazines, so I could, potentially, influence who YOU will listen to next year... sweet, eh?

6. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hell yeah!

7. allisonmoonflower

allisonmoonflower Member

I'd say that the best hippie job would be to be a crazy art teacher

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

cooking..... nothin is more fun that being able to be creative with food... and if you're good at it you can make huge $$$

9. Lights

Lights Member

Yes, art teacher.

And it's not about the money, man.

10. letstakeourtime

letstakeourtime Member

I'd say art or music teacher or my ballet teacher was quite the hippie that would be a cool job

11. Demon Sweat

Demon Sweat Banned

Me and my girlfriend and moving into an apartment above a culture shop (which we'll both be working in). So we're gonna make hats, shirts, pants, scarves, grow tea, etc. and sell it in the store. I think that's a pretty cool hippie career. :D

12. Nathan11

Sounds pretty hip, man.

13. TheOjaiSon

TheOjaiSon Member

i think a good 'hippie' jobis one were you dont gotta pay taxes to help kill people. farming, playing music, anything chill for me at least. i got a job walking around handing out flyers for 8 an hour. how chill is that? yepyep

14. Nathan11

How much did they pay for 8 hours?

15. Demon Sweat

Demon Sweat Banned

That's sounds pretty kick-ass, man. Probably have to deal with people being assholes to ya, though? But $8/hr! That's awesome!

16. Lights

Lights Member

No, just 8 hours.

17. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

You gotta pay taxes on ANY job you have, even if it is playing music and whatnot- you have to claim this as income or the .gov is going to rape and pillage your whole village. Women and children will not be spared. That's why being a 'hippie' is kind of hard nowadays, because cash rules everything around you even more than it did five minutes ago.

18. Subliime

Subliime Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHH , people drive me crazy. Dude, do what the fuck you want to do. Don't focus on "the best career for a 'hippy'" Damn, I didn't realize people relied on the opinons of other people so much. Labels, can we not get away from them. Do what you want to do, that's all I can say dude. Seriously, don't jump into something just b/c you think you're a "hippy" and that's something that a "hippy" would do. FUCK. I guess I think of hippies as being real and true to themselves, so my answer to your question besides my initial response of thinking it was stupid... I guess I should be nicer and more compassionate to your situation but I have a very low tolerance for stuff like that, sorry... would be to follow your heart. Fuck what everyone else says, if you enjoy helping people your options are limitless... you could be a nurse, a doctor, a teacher, a couseler. If you enjoy the earth, be a gardener if that's what your into, an archiologist if your into playing around int he dirt and studying achient artifacts, if your into different views you could go into world religions, anthropology... damn, your options are limitless. If you're crafty and buissness like start your own buissness selling crafts or do that on the side at shows, festies, stuff like that. If you love to play music, do that. If you hate society, join a commune or live on the streets. I hope that helped you out. Peace, Ashley

19. TattoedAquarian

~Sublime - Okay... If u thought it was such a stupid thread why did u take the time to respond to it? Was it worth it? - Do you feel better now that you 'nailed me' and put me down because i was curious about something that you weren't? I don't mind if people think something i've said is stupid, but how dare you attack me on the basis of you thinking a thread i started is stupid - how judgemental is that man? And in my original post i didn't put anything about me looking for a job, i was just wondering what other people thought was a good job for anyone who lived their lives by their own 'hippy' ideals (and yes, i did assume that everyone on here considered themselves "hippies", to their own definition because i mean, fuck - this is 'hippy.com') And if i had found a thread as stupid as you found mine i wouldn't have been a hypocrit about it and answered it anyway. And i find it funny that you signed your post with 'peace' after calling me stupid and feeling so flabergasted by my stupidity to take time out from ripping me to write "fuck!". Wow, you were right about something though - people are crazy...

20. Carita

Carita Member

My job is very hippie friendly, I go to work in tye-dye shirts and jeans everyday! I have piercings in my face and tattoos, you would never guess that I work in an office.

I work for a company that does outsourcing of Corporate Philanthropic programs. The owners of the company are very chill and they think that we should be comfy and that way we will work our best!

:D