Best Days -- Ahead of You or Behind?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Amethyst87F, Apr 28, 2018.

1. I only care what kind of present I am creating, which tends to influence the future, so I'm sure it will be fine. People who try to make a bright future for themselves tend to be self-centered, so their present never seems that great even when the future comes.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Huh huh huh...

You said "behind"...

Orison likes this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the key phrase there is "for them selves".

no one's self lives in a different world then everyone else has to.
    even if they have the fortune to insulate themselves with great wealth, unless they're completely cacooned, they can't avoid seeing and comeing in contact with what the rest of the planet becomes.

this is why what creates the world we experience, creates the world EVERYONE has to experience.

the future is always what its yesterday, which is today, creates.

forget the self part. the world we all create, is the world we all have to live in.
    the world we are all living in today, is the world we all created yesterday.

so again, if we don't care what kind of world we create for EVERYONE to have to live in tomorrow,
    we are very likely to deserve, the kind of world we individually have to experience ourselves.

4. Or you can just care what world everyone has to live in today and it's the same difference. I...like todays myself. Wasting time thinking about tomorrow is for people who don't truly appreciate life, which exists in the present. If everyone lived for today, tomorrow would be excellent.

Deidre likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the best days for the planet will probably be somewhat after everyone living now no longer is.

not caring gets what it deserves. not avoid future pain when it is easier to do so, is illogical.

6. Sometimes caring is what gets people in trouble, too. Look at nuclear energy. "Unlimited energy for all!" they said, looking to the future. Next stop: Chernobyl, Fukushima. And if a plague wipes out everyone: destruction of the planet I guess.

7. Helen86

Helen86 Members

Ahead for sure, I feel that I'm going to enjoy the next thirty years far more than I enjoyed the last.

8. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

Ahead, I'm a man so I'll age better than women anyway. I look about 5 years younger than my age, and I think I'll continue to maintain that young look, while having all the wisdom of an older person.

Bring on the sex!

9. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Ahead. Im an Optimist.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ahead I hope

behind I fear

11. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I'm 64, every day is a great day.