Bernie can't pay his staff $15/hr

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But if you need to see a doctor or go to a hospital that's all covered under the government plan right? Or do you have to opt into that?

That's the problem I have with insurance here, I put way more into it than I get back. I'm basically paying into something, like thousands a year into something I'll never really use unless something happens that costs more than my insane deductible
    Knock on wood

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not covered for free, unless you're a member of a health care system in which case, they charge you just under 10% of your annual income. So it's not cheap by any means. But if you do pay for it then yes, it covers transportations and ambulances, surgery etc.

Basically I'd have to pay near 5000€ for it, whereas I only spend maybe a 1000 in appointments, maybe a further 500-1000 on lenses. So that doesn't make up for 5000 they will take from me and I can bank 2600 by putting my 50 away each week.

The only downside is if I need an ambulance I'll be paying for it. But even still I figure, I'll be spending more annually on insurance than what I actually need it for.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the federal minimum wage seems to sit stagnant for several years and then jump way too much all at once, then repeat the cycle. i think most states do a better job though. here in ohio, it goes up by about 3% most every year, which is probably not perfect but is a decent plan anyway.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah I agree, it should rise gradually
    But I dont think my state has raised the minimum wage in years, or ever actually, except when mandated by the federal government

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So Germany's nationalized system is an opt in, that's interesting
    Now I'm curious how out of pocket prices for the uninsured compares to the US

6. lode

lode Banned

That's the case with insurance when you're young and healthy.

Much less. They still wouldn't have private insurance inflating the cost of everything.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Sydney University in Australia? That's an unusual choice for a German. As Mel said, "just asking out of curiosity, not trying to argue". I asked about your higher education because I thought in most European countries the government provided free tuition. Is that not the case in Germany?

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Seriously dude, you should ignore her on american politics and anything Sanders (or Trump for that matter!) related. She doesn't follow the news or politics (other than via others, like on here) and is mainly potstirring and circle jerking with other people here that like to nag on leftists and alt right- and Trump criticizers.

Ignore meaningless comments if you don't want a meaningless convo!

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It is not entirely unusual to go to Sydney University if you had been living in Australia.

Undergrads are allowed to study for free just with administration costs.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Took a 3 day hiatus and already blown a gasket on your arrival? Lol.

11. Asmodean

I'm simply advising Unfocusedanakin to not waste his time discussing topical issues or politics with someone who stays away from the news and politics but still wants to say stuff in those threads. Better ignore that meaninless shit and respond to stuff when it has more use (like a proper convo on theories on race which you sometimes hint at you have but refuse to share in full because 'we're not ready for it' lol). That was all.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sure, what do you want to know about race? :)

13. Asmodean

Nothing from scratch or in this thread. We will get into it later again surely :p

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well in that case, we both know he's incapable of ignoring me, he's like one of my biggest fans but won't admit it. I'd say a good part of his spare time is spent scratching his head thinking of a way to outdo me in the next post. I mustn't be popular with the missus. ;)

15. Asmodean

It may be his asbergers that makes him overly focus on unconstructive alt right circle jerkers. You often post like one or side (circle jerk) with them.
    Anyway, that he finds it hard to was kind of the reason why i adviced him.
    btw: i acknowledge the same can be said about me if i keep responding to you here so i'll take my own advice in this thread

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah you're all hilarious with that whole "circle jerk" accusation.
    both "sides" say it and both "sides" do it.
    but i don't see that agreeing with the people you agree with and vocalising that is a bad thing anyway.
    it's a bonding thing within discussion/debate.
    sorry, i kind of get sick of seeing the words "circle jerk". it gives me a horrible mental image : )

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The circle jerk is my baby. I like seeing Asmo use it, as it galvanises just how much it got to him which also means I was pretty spot on the nail when I used it too.

*truth bomb*

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

oh, well, carry on

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You should have been around for the infamous "truth bomb" comment which has always plagued him for years too. Lost. His. Shit. Because it was true.

He always whinge I don't use demonstrated ability to research etc to hold my arguments, so he's banging on about how poetry isn't a valid form of history, which I know is compete bullshit because in the much older times, it was prelevent to write the happenings in the form of poetry. Anyway so I tell him all this information, back it up with factual evidence, I dropped the truth bomb on him and he loses his shit over it lol. And he wonders why I don't really engage myself in extra research and reading. Couldn't even do it himself. Just full of hypocrisy.

Its the little things in life that make me smile. :)

20. Asmodean

I'm not claiming its one particular side's thing. Just that the person complaining about it at first is the champion of it.
    There's a subtile difference. Maybe look up the definition. I can't be bothered derailing this thread more (unlike another certain someone who's not only trolling at this point but also trying to bait me with nonsense)